Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/)
-   -   xB Handling... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/xb-handling-20224/)

killerxromances 04-01-2005 09:08 PM

coilovers (never adjust to stiffest level, there is such thing as too stiff), sways, front strut, rear strut, frame braces, sitting on 15'' rims with something like 215/40s, and you'll be alright. :)

Spiderbox 10-17-2006 05:25 AM

i'm not a expert or anything and i dont pretend to be but you know there is a simple way to find out if the front strut bar and rear sway bar actaully work. test one out. because the difference is so noticeable you'd have to be an idiot not to feel the difference.

everyone of the naysayers, i guarantee have never driven or been a passenger in an xb with the bar on.

if you have doubts about it being effective ask someone for a ride who has the bar installed. simple as that. the steering response is sharper at ALL speeds, it handles much better, i havent heard my tires squeal going into corners since i installed it.

ggguy77 10-17-2006 05:30 AM

I am on 17 wheels, lowered 2" on Tannabe springs....handles like a dream....I cant imagine what it will be like when I add a few more upgrades.

Grimgrak 10-21-2006 04:47 PM

The thing thing that would benifit the XB the most is a fricken diff. It's horrible on slow turns.

tanakasan 10-21-2006 10:56 PM

^^FWD?

Grimgrak 10-23-2006 05:32 AM

^^^^ Yes you got a PROBLEM with a FWD DIFF wise guy?

tanakasan 10-24-2006 03:15 AM

Grimgrak, no need to be an a$$.

I am just asking cause I thought the FWD cars had no diff, only a driveshaft to the one driven front wheel. Jeez!

BTW, my xB goes slow real well.

Chill out, bro.

Spiderbox 10-24-2006 04:38 AM

lol what do you mean "horrible" on slow turns?

Grimgrak 10-24-2006 05:24 AM

From a stop turn your wheel about 90 degrees and floor it till you redline in first. Tell me it doesn't lack grip like a 300lb woman on ice skates.

Originally Posted by tanakasan
Grimgrak, no need to be an a$$.

I am just asking cause I thought the FWD cars had no diff, only a driveshaft to the one driven front wheel. Jeez!

BTW, my xB goes slow real well.

Chill out, bro.

jomo 10-24-2006 06:18 AM

I equate the need for limited slip diffentials with cars that make power.

I would much rather apply the cost of a LSD on a more powerful motor so I could spin that one wheel even sooner!!! :P

hotbox05 10-30-2006 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by wooky1976
Here's something I have found while researching and my conclusion. The scion xB has an echo engine, but the gear ratio is different from xA/echo, it's actually from a Toyota Yaris.

ACTUALLY the xa/xB have the same trans which has different gearing than the trans which is used in the echo/yaris.

the echo/yaris gearing is horrible for how little power these cars have BUT their gearing is complimentary for gas mileage . our are more aggressively geared to make them a smidge faster especially since we have more weight to lug around than they do.

moderngti 10-30-2006 01:12 PM

The echo is 400+ lbs lighter than any Scion xa / xb.

Now...

Put a scion final-drive in an echo and it's be a damn pocket-rocket!

Put an echo final-drive in a scion... and it'd be a slug.... esp with 18+" wheels!
:P

hotbox05 10-30-2006 05:48 PM

exactly. and last i checked the echo weish 2200 , not 2000 pounds. fast or not a TINY and TINNY 2000 pound car would be nowhere near fun as a daily. way too much wind.

but yeah . yaris is the same was. they weigh about 2200 but they have the echo gears in em .