Notices

Euroline knock-offs or other inexpensive VIP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Euroline knock-offs or other inexpensive VIP?

So, I've decided the Euroline line of Work wheels is probably the nicest I've seen.

My question is, does anybody make a cheaper version or knock-off of the Eurolines?

I know, I get what I pay for, but currently being the poorest man in the world, I want something VIP-ish for a relatively low price (sub $1000 for all 4 wheels).

I've already searched this board, google, and eBay & have come up relatively empty-handed. Most of the wheels I've seen in my price-range have been cheap "ricer"/racer types (see eBay) and JDM wannabes.

So any help/suggestions would be great.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as I know, no one makes a Euroline wheel knockoff — at least not one with a good lip on it.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I first got my xB, I was looking for Euroline knockoffs too, but nothing came close - especially not on eBay. Nothing is really even close in terms of design let alone quality, fit, and finish.

There are quite a few knockoffs in Japan made as monoblocks. The quality is still better than a lot of US wheels, but they are still lacking in wheel fitments. Plus, after the shipping fees, etc., you might as well get the real thing.

IMO, the best thing to do is be patient and save up, even if it means sacrificing all the other little mods. Get what you really want or you may end up ultimately dissatisfied with your compromise.

Another option is to buy used wheels which can be had from $1200-1700. I think a nice set of used wheels will look much better than a set of brand spankin new knockoffs.

Last, last option if spending over $1k is completely out of the question and you still want a badass VIPish stance, is you can get a cheaper set of monoblock, dish-face wheels, with no lip (e.g. Club Linea Misterio) and just space them out with 25mm H&R spacers.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great advice from Mr. Kubrick. Saving is tough but it's worth waiting if you have your heart set on a particular product.

However, if waiting is out of the question, how 'bout the Mod Balique (i think that's what they're called) wheels. They're kinda reminiscent of the eurolines imo.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy my wheel!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVV
Old 01-11-2006, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sid_xBicious
buy my wheel!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVV
I would...but I wanted VIP wheels with a lip.

Otherwise, I'd be all over them.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matt, if you want to go VIP style with a big lip, you're gonna have to increase your budget. Multi-piece wheels with custom offsets are just about the only way to get the lip for a proper VIP look.

If used wheels are an option for you, you can get 17s for as low as $1200. You just have to be patient until the right wheel comes along. Monoblock wheels with no lip are even cheaper...so that might be something to consider.

I know you want lip, but check out the monoblock wheels with no lip....

(They all look awesome mainly because of the low drop and super flush offsets)

Old 01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stankubrick
[img]

wow!!!
Misterio really look nice with low stance and low profile tires.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The thing is, if you want to have a set of new vip wheels, then it's going to cost you at least 2000.00 dollars.

There are some vip'ish wheels with a wide lip and dish styling, and thogh they look okay, you can really see the quality difference.

If you are going after "that look" then you're probably wanting to get at least a 17-18" wheel, at least 8, 8.5, 9" wide....and even some non-vip, domestic wheels are going to be pricey becuase of these sizes.

If I were you, and I was wiling to spend a grand for a set of wheels, I'd save up another grand (maybe a bit more for tires too!) and get the authentic thing. It is worth the wait, and you will have the pride of owning you own set of wheels made to you specs.

Plus, if you check around, you may be ableto get what you want for something less than 2000...maybe 1500 to 1700.....

And once you get the wheels..tires, consider yourself part of those who suffer from a wildly contagious disease...now you will spend even more money because now you will NEED camber shims...then you won't be happy with your drop and want to go lower...so it will probably start with coil-overs.....maybe bags........then there is a whole lot of fender rolling, massaging, contouring.........and when you are almost done, you realize that you have spend on the box, more than what you paid for it in the firt place....then you will be, without a doubt....a true xB owner...in the truest sense! lol
Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^ lol so true

I would happily consider used wheels if they right price/type combination popped up. I am ALWYS looking on eBay and MemoryFab for that "just right" set. Yes, I am looking for 17" to 18" (no =>19 and no =<16).

Thats hawt!

I will wait though and while I wait I will save up.

and BTW, those pics above = teh hotness
Old 01-11-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fachiro,
lol!!! you are sooo right!, but you forgot another thing, after all is done, you're not gonna be satisfied, and then you find yourself selling your work, only to find out people can't afford your price, and then what? you part it away, lol!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by "Matt_Moore
Hey Sid, are these still for sale?

[url
http://groups.msn.com/jsmercedesbenz190e/sidxbiciousride.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=349[/url]

I'd honestly like these, but shipping would probably kill me (as I only have $500 to play with right now). Too bad you don't live closer.
yes!!!! it has your name all over it!!
but we need to consider the shipping too, pm me.
sid
Old 01-11-2006, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ holy crap, I forgot I have school next week.....

OH NOES!!!!

MY BEAUTIFUL XMAS MONEY WILL GO TO STUPID OVERPRICED TEXTBOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we'll see how much I have left after that (I always forget that I have to pay for my books out of pocket b/c everything else (tuition, fees, etc) is paid for by my G.I. Bill & Hazelwood Act).
Old 01-11-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are nice wheels..they are jdm too I believe. The Zaubers are pretty nice too. Maybe they won't have a wide lip, but they do look nice and have the flat dish look.

I wish bBoxd wasn't selling/parting his car. bBox...you should keep your car! Dtrive it! It is the epitoe of vip-styling in a BOX. I think it is almost heresy to spend all that time, effort, planning, money...and then part it out or sell it. Makes a grown an cry!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fachiro1
Those are nice wheels..they are jdm too I believe. The Zaubers are pretty nice too. Maybe they won't have a wide lip, but they do look nice and have the flat dish look.

I wish bBoxd wasn't selling/parting his car. bBox...you should keep your car! Dtrive it! It is the epitoe of vip-styling in a BOX. I think it is almost heresy to spend all that time, effort, planning, money...and then part it out or sell it. Makes a grown an cry!
^^^^ Agreed

bBOXd is the xB which turned me on to the whole VIP thing as well as introduced me to the Eurolines which haunt my very being.

His xB is what every xB VIP'er should aspire to.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, those 17x7 Misterios plus 25mm H&R spacers, 205/40/17 tires, a 3.5" drop, then you are set! A nice clean VIP styled xB on a budget

(Sid, do I get comission if you sell these now )
Old 01-11-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stankubrick
Yeah, those 17x7 Misterios plus 25mm H&R spacers, 205/40/17 tires, a 3.5" drop, then you are set! A nice clean VIP styled xB on a budget

(Sid, do I get comission if you sell these now )
lol!!! you'll be compensated if theres a positive transaction
Old 01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I do have a two sets of USED wheels for Scion !!
Work Euroline N silver finish 18x7.5 +35 and 18x8 +20
SSR Vienna Dish Black 18x8.5 +17 all around,
PM me for the price if you are interested, they are less than half of their new price and in very good condition !! Sean @ JDMPalace
Old 01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JDMPalace comes through again!!!

Wow, those Vienna Dish are soooo tempting, right now.....
Old 01-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Now this is my opinion, and my opinion only.

ICE Metal 888s look really nice in 18 inch on a slammed xB. Granted they are not JDM, ViP, or have a distinct lip, but when I saw Na'im's xB in person, I was floored. It looked that good. He no longer has the xB, but because of the xBs, he and I are really good friends.

Quick Reply: Euroline knock-offs or other inexpensive VIP?