Notices

Spacers on lowered xB?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 05:19 AM
ksa
SL Member

Default Spacers on lowered xB?

Hi guys, just bought a new to me 2015 xB which is already lowered 1” on Tien shocks from what I understand. I’d like throw some spacers on it to make the 17” rims it has on it stick out a bit. Can someone tell me what spacer size is recommended for this purpose? I don’t want them sticking out dramatically or anything, nor do I want the tires to rub in any shape or form.

What is the suggested size for reasonable sticking out front and back just to fill in the fender area essentially? What kind of spacers exactly (size, bolts etc) would I need and any recommendations on where to buy them from? Would highly appreciate any links or suggestions. Thank you kindly.

Edit: I should mention the tire size on rims is 225 45 R17.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

It's going to be nearly impossible to recommend a size to you without knowing the backspacing/offset on your existing wheels as that's going to affect what size spacer you might need and knowing how far you would like the tires and wheels stick out is completely subjective. One person's idea of perfect might be another person's idea of still being 'tucked' in too far.

My advice...take a straightedge and place it flat against the wheel and tire giving you something to measure against and then measure the distance from that flat surface to the lip of the wheel well. Take that number and subtract whatever you might be comfortable with and that'll give you a spacer size (you're likely going to have to 'adjust' a little as spacers usually come in 5mm increments).

Once I finish my KW coilover and Wilwood front BBK and Alliance Auto rear disk conversion I'm going to do spacers to push the wheels out to just clear my fender lips and I'll be doing H&R spacers. If you go past a certain point you're either going to need to press in longer wheel studs or use a spacer that bolts to the existing wheel studs and provides new wheel studs.

A search on here will give you about everything you need to know about spacers that people have used and a general search on 'Google' will give you pros and cons of longer studs vs. bolt-on spacers.