Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Wheel & Tire (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-wheel-tire-1608/)
-   -   SUGGEST YOUR TIREs (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-wheel-tire-1608/suggest-your-tires-19501/)

hahaitzskippy 03-06-2005 05:38 AM

SUGGEST YOUR TIREs

lets keep it discreet to
BRAND OF TIRE.
and
SHORT REVIEW.

this thread is meant for all those who want/share opinions and inside on performance of tires.

we shoud make this a sticky

unlmtdndeavor 03-06-2005 09:24 AM

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

Comes stock on a Ferrari Enzo, Porsche GT2, McLaren SLR...need i say more??
Look at the ratings on the tires at:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Sport+PS2

VoLktc 03-10-2005 05:44 PM

toyo proxes 4 all weather street radial, nice performance

mredz 03-13-2005 05:12 AM

I'd go with the Proxes4 also. Had them on my P5 and they are amazing tires. They have the best wet weather performance I've ever seen.

hahajoey 03-13-2005 06:53 AM

Falken FK451 GRB - one of the best tires i've ever had. quiet, very good grip(in wet/dry)..

yokohama prada spec2 - grips pretty good, comfort isn't there cuz these things are hard/loud.

toyo proxes fz4 - good economy tires for bigger sized wheels. seems a bit loud of a ride

falken ziex 512 - good economy tires for bigger sized wheels, BUT seems to out perform fz4..

falken azens st115 - love them tires, superb grip, very very quiet/soft ride. but i think them GRB 451's take the gold.

squirrel 03-13-2005 01:38 PM

Bridgestone Pole Position S-03s: nice and sticky, as good as Yokahomas A-001Rs from the old days, but very pricey.

Nitto NeoGens: nice tire that stands up well to having camber on all four corners.

dex 03-13-2005 03:13 PM

i just ordered some Kumho Ecsta MX's. they are Z rated, and relativly cheap. only paid like $110/tire for 225/40-18's. and from what ive heard from the autocross community they are pretty damn sticky.

Lonely_Raven 03-13-2005 03:48 PM

I was lookin' at some BFGoodrich, but my wheels came with
a package deal of Nankang NS-II Rev 2.

They are directionals that look like a knock-off of Toyo or
Pirelli. I've only put 1000 miles on them, but in Chicago
that's plenty of time for dry, wet, and snow driving (hell even
in the same day that's possible).

Surprisingly they are not too bad with road noise, dry traction
shocked me with it's quality grip and predictability, wet
traction is good enough to make me feel safe, but snow
traction I'd give a 2 out of 10 score.

I can't comment on wear at this time, but I don't expect them
to be too good in that department.

Overall, I'm surprised at the quality for the money. I think
when all was said and done, my package deal made the
rubber come out to less then $200 for the set of four.

I'll burn these in over this year, and depending on wear over
next year (switching to stock rims for winter) and save up
and get the top of the line BFGoodrich I was looking at
originally!

HOTLAVA108 03-13-2005 03:53 PM

I'm running 225/30ZR20 BFGOODRICH G-FORCE T/A KDWS 2's very nice. Tires are 278.00ea my price

xtremc5 03-13-2005 04:36 PM

i had nittos on my vette. i liked them alot, they lasted a while, going to the strip on a regular basis. I will buy nittos for the tc when i get it. Just so everyone knows sold the vette for a tahoe (family thing) and had to get something cheaper.

hahajoey 03-13-2005 09:42 PM

oh i forgot.,. i had bridgestone s0-2's..
those were BADASS tires! the tread life sucked.

sciontc_mich 03-14-2005 04:09 AM

pirelli pzero nero m&s ...

pros
sharp steering feel
quiet ride
excellent grip in wet and dry
fair (take it easy) grip in snow and ice (not bad for a performance tire)
-firm but not harsh ride.. sporty..
-good grip in the cold weather (tested down to a michigan -10)

cons?
- couple of defectives.. replaced, all good now

All the reviews of the pzero's are correct (the good ones) these tires are the best out there.. and i will buy them again, i just hope i don't get 5 defective tires in a row again.. that's how many it took to get them smooth.. but are excellent now :)

sensay 03-14-2005 04:21 AM

cooper Zeons all the way

flat__tires 03-16-2005 08:26 AM

Falken Azenis tires... super stiff sidewall.
Yokohama Advan tires are grippy... hmmm stiff sidewall.
Bridgestone Potenzas... only if they're the Pole Position tires.
Cooper Cobras... low pros for low price and large variations of sizes.

hahaitzskippy 03-20-2005 07:21 AM

DO NOT BUY yokohama AVS ES100
personally i dont like them, they do not grip as well as i expected and the noise is increased over time

hahajoey 03-20-2005 11:46 AM

i agree i wasn't happy with my avs es100's at all.

RacerxB 03-20-2005 01:17 PM

I'm running on my xB

BFG KDW (new tread) 215/35/18

Great wet traction
Dry traction sticks like glue
maybe a bit loud but the box ain't a caddy

I love them

JDMJim 03-20-2005 09:09 PM

Falken Azenis 115's on the Box. THey look good stretched over an eight and nine inch wide wheel.
Dunlop FM901's on the "race car". Took awhile to break them in but they work really well in hard cornering now. Their sizes seem to look a bit "small" though.

Shoof 03-21-2005 12:50 PM

I currently have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on my other car (Infiniti G35x). I love these tires, had them on my previous car as well (GS300), don't know what kind of tire i'm going to put on my xB when I get it though..

daggerSLADE 03-25-2005 03:18 PM

I did the research on http://www.tirerack.com and found that the Bridgestone Potenza RE92's suck (even in the Road&Track article that is on the Scion Life tC opening page said this car could benefit from better tires) .. I also heard from a few people that own tCs that they suck too .. so I looked around and found that the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S Tires are very highly rated ... so I bought them and I am very satisfied with their performance ... I will never go back to Bridgestones and I will always put Pirellis on my car ... they are more responsive, stickier, grippier, and LESS EXPENSIVE ... they take off better in a line and keep a curve better ... I felt the stock tires were just ok in cornering ... the Pirellis improve greatly on that .. I definitely agree that this car performs better with the PIRELLI PZERO NEROs ... hey if thats not a glowing endorsement I dont know what is .. maybe I should advertise for them .. hehe ... heres a pic of the Pirellis on my stock rim ---
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...25_14_full.jpg