Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-aero-exterior-1607/)
-   -   Anyone have problems with Visors not sticking properly? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-aero-exterior-1607/anyone-have-problems-visors-not-sticking-properly-185945/)

Zman 04-28-2010 08:48 PM

Anyone have problems with Visors not sticking properly?

I have had mine on for some months now but it seems that all the rain last week has made them not stick on as well. One was flapping in the wind at about 65mph so I reached out while driving and pressed it back on.

I've had rattling problems too, I sanded a couple down just a tad.

Should I remove them and get more 3M tape and try again? The rolls of tape are much wider than what comes on the visors to begin with, so maybe that would help.

I didn't receive the clips I read about. (fake esam)

Any suggestions?

enjoi 04-28-2010 09:07 PM

Oh the clips are the one that comes with the authentic ESAM visor. I have the ESAM and they hold up very very well. I think you have the knockoff version, I think it is best for you to reapply the heavy duty 3m double sided tape.

Frizz 04-28-2010 09:26 PM

Two words. In Channel

Zman 04-29-2010 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by enjoi (Post 3554047)
Oh the clips are the one that comes with the authentic ESAM visor. I have the ESAM and they hold up very very well. I think you have the knockoff version, I think it is best for you to reapply the heavy duty 3m double sided tape.

Yeah, 200 bucks is a little ridiculous for the real ones. I took them off and washed the box. I'll get some think 3M and try to do it better this time around. It sucks when the knock-offs aren't quite shaped correctly either! :ponder:

ajcadoo 04-29-2010 03:35 AM

whoa, i never knew you could buy sticky visors...are the toyota OEM visors on trdsparks.com sticky or does it include clips?

Zman 04-29-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ajcadoo (Post 3554412)
whoa, i never knew you could buy sticky visors...are the toyota OEM visors on trdsparks.com sticky or does it include clips?

The ones that stick on are the best looking ones in my opinion.

I have them off until I get some time and more 3M tape. I think my car looks weird with them off.

Search for esam visors on Ebay, heard they could be found for $60 or so.

burstaneurysm 04-29-2010 05:49 PM

Reseat them with new 3M tape. Make sure you prep the surface by wiping the window frames down with rubbing alcohol.

3M tape also works best when it's over 60 degrees out. If it's too cold when the tape is applied, it doesn't 'wet' properly. 3M takes 24 hours to achieve maximum hold.

ajcadoo 04-30-2010 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 3554654)
The ones that stick on are the best looking ones in my opinion.

I have them off until I get some time and more 3M tape. I think my car looks weird with them off.

Search for esam visors on Ebay, heard they could be found for $60 or so.

ill check it out

Zman 04-30-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm (Post 3554881)
Reseat them with new 3M tape. Make sure you prep the surface by wiping the window frames down with rubbing alcohol.

3M tape also works best when it's over 60 degrees out. If it's too cold when the tape is applied, it doesn't 'wet' properly. 3M takes 24 hours to achieve maximum hold.

That should do it.

VIP_CAMO 04-30-2010 10:27 PM

yeah just re do them.i did the same. as stated just make sure you get both clean the car and visor side.the stock tape lasted a while i then put some 3m and it lasted almost 3 yrs before it flew off in colorado.i lived in the midwest and got snow and heat on it so you should be fine..i had the esam knock offs

Zman 05-01-2010 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by VIP_CAMO (Post 3556011)
yeah just re do them.i did the same. as stated just make sure you get both clean the car and visor side.the stock tape lasted a while i then put some 3m and it lasted almost 3 yrs before it flew off in colorado.i lived in the midwest and got snow and heat on it so you should be fine..i had the esam knock offs

Yeah. I already miss the visors, it makes the windows a little more chopped style, just not as tall.
I should get them painted 209, that would be cool :rolleyes: