Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Carbon fiber trunk? What do you think....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Default Carbon fiber trunk? What do you think....

Hi there,

I've been planning to buy a carbon fiber trunk for my 04 xB. There's 2 brands out there:

a. ViS (http://www.ebay.com/itm/230741789129...84.m1423.l2648)
b. Carbon creations (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scion-xB-04-...142db6&vxp=mtr)

wanted to check with you if any of you has bought one or not...and if yes which one and what do you think....it's nice, does look great, any issues?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't know xb1 had a trunk. Could you possible mean hatch?

Waste of money IMO.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go with VIS.....their quality is second to none. They make a better, more refined product, and there clearcoats definitely last longer and are of higher quality than any other carbon fiber brand
Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by JuanCh
Hi there,

I've been planning to buy a carbon fiber trunk for my 04 xB. There's 2 brands out there:

a. ViS (http://www.ebay.com/itm/230741789129...84.m1423.l2648)
b. Carbon creations (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scion-xB-04-...142db6&vxp=mtr)

wanted to check with you if any of you has bought one or not...and if yes which one and what do you think....it's nice, does look great, any issues?

Thanks!
I have the Carbon creations CF hatch, which does not come with the cut out for the wiper, but it had the cut out hole area blemished. I did not know that from viewing the hatch pictures on line when I bought it. So this one is not ideal if you wish to go wiperless, because of the round blemished area will show in the CF weave if not cut out.

The VIS is ideal for wiper less hatch, should have no cut out hole for the wiper or blemish wiper hole cut out area from what I've seen in person.

Fitment on both hatches seem to be OEM quality + you will need to take your glass out to put in the new CF hatch.

I do have VIS CF hood. As with most after market body kits, this one was not a perfect OEM fit. It has gaps on the sides + problem to get front down to perfect height even with the about 1/4" play of the manual screw hole adjustment of moving the hood lock lower.
Hope this helps...

Good Luck

Last edited by JIMXB; 09-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 AM

I thought you would go with the Fuyao glass again. I am SUPER happy with mine though it didnt have the tint strip but the install was awesome (thanks for the recommendation) ALSO it came with a gasket that fit PERFECT. They were going to give me an xyg but they went to the factory and got the FY. I was able to see the diff in thickness and quality when they were side by side in his truck and it was obvious. The clarity is great
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mikhelee
I thought you would go with the Fuyao glass again. I am SUPER happy with mine though it didnt have the tint strip but the install was awesome (thanks for the recommendation) ALSO it came with a gasket that fit PERFECT. They were going to give me an xyg but they went to the factory and got the FY. I was able to see the diff in thickness and quality when they were side by side in his truck and it was obvious. The clarity is great
?????? Was somebody talking about replacement Glass here:? ????? or is this a advertisement plug for a 1st time post??? I'm not aware of any brand, fitment issues, clarity, nor any topic of the xB rear hatch replacement glass.

You would think if you purchased the replacement glass it would have the oem tint to match the other tinted glass on the side of the xB :? So the Fuyao glass is the wrong glass to install on a 1st Gen xB
Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats funny...

thats my post on tomas review of windshield replacement... I don't know how it got here..thats not even me that posted