Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Cheap Modifications?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 PM

Lightbulb Cheap Modifications?

If anyone has any cheap modifications for an 06 xb post them here! With pictures is preferred! Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buy a can or two of Plasti Dip from Home Depot and spray paint your box! Adds a nice matte black finish to anything. And the cans are only $6 each.

I painted my entire front bumper with it
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

use the search function. not to be a douche but there are tons of threads out there like this. just in case you cant find them:
remove rear wiper (free)
any CAI
axleback
crank pulley
header
cheap ebay springs
plastidip (all the things)
stickers (+5hp each)
shift ****
shift boot
ebay steering wheel
the list goes on. basically anything you can see on or in your ride can be replaced and some things can be found for cheap with others very expensive. just try searching through some of the threads here until you get an idea of how you want your ride to look and then ask questions like "which springs/coilovers/airride is the best" "should i go carbon fiber to obtain xxxxx kind of look or not". after a fair amount of doing some legwork you will be able to decide what kind of look you want and then we can help you get it started. most of the time a ton of cheap mods= cheap ricer car with very few exceptions.....
Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05sciko
use the search function. not to be a douche but there are tons of threads out there like this. just in case you cant find them:
remove rear wiper (free)
any CAI
axleback
crank pulley
header
cheap ebay springs
plastidip (all the things)
stickers (+5hp each)
shift ****
shift boot
ebay steering wheel
the list goes on. basically anything you can see on or in your ride can be replaced and some things can be found for cheap with others very expensive. just try searching through some of the threads here until you get an idea of how you want your ride to look and then ask questions like "which springs/coilovers/airride is the best" "should i go carbon fiber to obtain xxxxx kind of look or not". after a fair amount of doing some legwork you will be able to decide what kind of look you want and then we can help you get it started. most of the time a ton of cheap mods= cheap ricer car with very few exceptions.....
Cut the noob some slack. The search function aint too friendly. Check out clubxb.com for a more involved community too OP.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol wasnt trying to be a hater just letting him know that the search button is available. i know that the search isnt too forgiving but i found 6+ posts on just the first search page about cheap mods.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can replace all lights except for headlights with LED for under $30 if you order from china off of ebay. I like the ones with 5050 smd's. They seem to be very durable and are imo the best bang for your buck right now. These links won't work forever, but my favorite lights are this dome light:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180855580260...ht_4734wt_1166

And these license plate lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170817554250...ht_1988wt_1397

The dome light fits nicely and is brighter than the original. The license plate lights have a nice bluish tint. They have smaller quantities available. I bought that many because I had other uses. If you replace your brake lights be careful with the length of the light. The space for the brake lights is much shorter than for the other rear lights, at leas on the 1st gen.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Smile

I've posted this before but what the hey.....

Off the top of my head....Lights.
I bought some awesome lights from www.oznium.com

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

I bought 2 4.7inch for under the dash, 2 2.4inch blue strips for under the front seats pointing toward the back of the xB

i also bought a 5mm LED dome light

http://www.oznium.com/flexible-5mm-led-dome

I ran some wiring down from the dome switch and then I tied them all in together so that the lights come on to replace the dome light. Now i can actually see the floor in the xB when i switch the dome switch on or i open the doors.

Cost about $50 with buying some extra wire/fuses. great little starter mod.
I know little to nothing about cars/wiring and i made it look pretty sweet. Clean install with almost no wiring showing. It's gets a lot of looks in parking lots when i hit the unlock on the fob from far away, glows a soft blue on the inside. I'm going to buy some more and start on the vents and the cup holders and run then off a toggle switch.

Hope it gives someone an idea.

edit = pics

Seems brighter in this pic

Front seats

Back seat (lights under the front seats pointing toward the back)

Side view of the xB (yes, i'm rocking SpongeBob window clings)

That's a lot of glow for only $50. They have lots of colors and a mod to make them "dance" to music.