Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Dent removal?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dent removal?

So, I am one of THOSE people, the ones who park ridiculously far away from wherever I am going so that I am not ANYWHERE near other cars, which might have people driving them who think a car is just a car. People who might open their door into my beloved car.
Only two times in my recent history have I parked near the front of a parking lot. Today and three years ago. BOTH of those times resulted in very obvious door dings. How is that possible???
Today I only parked close to the store because I took my friend to get a battery for her car, and we had to carry the old dirty one in. We were in the store 15 minutes, and when I came out I had TWO dents and a white paint mark about three inches long going down my door. (muffled screaming)

Has anyone tried any dent removal services that turned out really good and weren't too expensive?
Old 08-06-2011, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I hear ya...same thing happened to me when I parked with the rest of the population. I too park as far (but safe distance) away as possible. I haven't removed my dents yet but I will be doing it with a rubber mallet and some slow massaging of the metal back to shape. I have 2 dents in both rear quarter panels near the rear shocks :-(
Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 PM

I just had a professional knock out 6 dents off my car, they literally massage the metal to perfection.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just go to your local body shop and ask about pdr (paintless dent removal). They probably have someone that can do it there or have someone that they sublet the work out to. As long as it isn't on a fold or hasn't gone through the paint, this should work.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a small dent right on the front curved part of the front hood...not even sure how it happened, maybe a small bird impact...?

How to fix this ?