Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Looking for advice on installing a run channel / glass run

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Looking for advice on installing a run channel / glass run

I need to replace the front driver's side (LH) run channel or glass run on my 2008 Scion xB. The part number is 6814152070, formerly 6814152042.

The run channel is split in the upper right corner (viewed from the outside), and the previous owner has goobered some silicone sealant in there, but there is still a lot of wind noise -- plus it looks bad.

Here's the thing, I cannot find any information on how to go about doing this other than:

1) The repair manual, which simply states: "Remove the glass run." Duh. Thanks.

2) Generic videos for various makes and models that all state you have to remove the interior door panel and take the glass off the roller. I really do not want to do this because I'm afraid I'm going to eff up my window, which would be a lot worse than the situation I'm in now.

If anyone has replaced their run channel / glass run, I'd love to hear from you.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have not had to replace the glass run you speak of, but have had the door panel off quite a few times on a previously owned Honda - their window regulators fail frequently. Did a GM car too, they have the same easy break regulators.

Removing the glass is probably the best way to replace the glass runs as the glass is typically in the run at the bottom even with the window down

If you want to see the honda I fixed, here's a link
Front Window Regulator by Rich Barrett | Photobucket

Here's a Fiesta with the door panel off - they all start to look the same don't they
Ford Fiesta Door Latch by Rich Barrett | Photobucket