Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Need New Front Bumper/Custom Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Default Need New Front Bumper/Custom Grilles

Hey there everyone, new user here so forgive me if this seems like a stupid question.

Anyways, I have a pre-owned 2004 scion xb and the front bumper is basically done for. The previous owner went through masses of love bugs and left the car in the sun, the whole bumper is covered in remnants of love bugs thats burned in the paint. Detail shops cant do anything for it.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I'd purchase a new front bumper? The color is Blue Onyx Pearl.

Also, it has custom grills on it, kind of. It's just metal grilles that it looks like they cut out from a sheet to fit over the original grilles, then just used very strong zip ties to secure in place. As cheap as it might sound, I think it looks good and if i was to purchase a new front bumper I'd be interested in a custom grill too. I've looked, and really the only grilles I've seen are ones that are metal with lines going across horizontally (it's the most common xb grill i see on the street besides the stock one) So i was wondering if anyone could also point me in the direction of custom grilles besides one like that?

Sorry for the long post, I tried to make it as short as possible. Anyways any help is appreciated! Please and thank you.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-21-2018 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by pyroman131
If I read this correctly, only your paint is bad. It'd be cheaper to just get that bumper sanded and painted than to buy a new bumper plus paint.
Well, it also has a few dents here and there. I'm not sure what the whole deal with the cost of bumpers/repainting is so i figured i would just be better off with a new bumper.

Do you have any idea in the price difference of new paint vs. new bumper?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM

first bro we really need some pics to really be able to help ya. without seeing it id say tho roll intoa local body shop and let them recomend what to do. if it can be fixed they will let ya know. if not they can hook ya up with a factory replacement. or just like the grill u can look around on the web and see if there is something else that u would rather use and go from there. as for just replacing the bumper with one the same color can happen but its like finding a needle in a hay stack, then if u do it prolly wont match. so a body shop would be the best thing for ya
Oz