Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-aero-exterior-1607/)
-   -   Schematic for '06 xB door mirrors? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-aero-exterior-1607/schematic-06-xb-door-mirrors-236374/)

Kerry 08-04-2018 11:13 AM

Schematic for '06 xB door mirrors?

I'm about to remove my door mirrors so as to insert directional LEDs behind the mirrors.
It would be nice if I could see a schematic.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Kerry
2006 xB

MileHightC 08-04-2018 03:10 PM

Best bet is to poke around on Google or just grab a multimeter and start testing...the factory service manuals used to be available here in the 'Tech' forums but Toyota/Scion sent a 'cease and desist' a while back and they've since been removed.

You might also want to see if you can dig up any threads of guys who did the turn signals in the mirror housings like the 'Series' xBs had.

Kerry 08-04-2018 08:48 PM

Thanks MileHightC.
Kerry

MileHightC 08-05-2018 04:33 PM

I looked around yesterday on here to see what I could find for you and it looks as if most people ended-up wiring them in to the side turn signals in the front fenders as opposed to trying to wire them in to the turn signal circuit under the dash.

There were some posts on here a while back about the side turn signals and which wires were which...let me know if you can't find it and I can send you a document that I saved based off one of those posts.

Kerry 08-05-2018 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by MileHightC (Post 4289787)
... and it looks as if most people ended-up wiring them in to the side turn signals in the front fenders as opposed to trying to wire them in to the turn signal circuit under the dash.

Excellent idea, thanks muchly MileHightc
Kerry

Kerry 08-09-2018 03:42 AM

I'm running a wire from the back of the mirror through the driver's door to the directional light on the left fender but it looks like a lot of work to take apart the fender skirt, to get to the bulb.

So, I'm thinking I could splice into the wires going to the left front directional bulb? The connector to that bulb is hard to get to with my fat fingers; could I get to it by removing the entire headlight assembly?

I bought two new flat mirrors from Amazon to replace the scratched old ones. It's going to look nice.

Thanks, Kerry
'06 Scion xB

UPDATE: Just saw a YouTube video in which he pries the fender's amber directional light cover off by slipping a putty knife between the plastic and the fender and then pulls the whole socket with bulb out. The end of the putty knife is covered with wax paper to protect the paint. Way cool.

Kerry 08-10-2018 04:05 AM

Am I correct that if I tap into the wires to the fender directional that the amber directional arrows in the mirror would be on all the time if I have my parking lights on?

2stroked 08-10-2018 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 4289824)
Am I correct that if I tap into the wires to the fender directional that the amber directional arrows in the mirror would be on all the time if I have my parking lights on?

No, they will blink with your directions. Remember, the side marker lights on the front fenders only illuminate with the directional(s), not the parking lights.

Kerry 08-11-2018 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2stroked (Post 4289831)
No, they will blink with your directions. Remember, the side marker lights on the front fenders only illuminate with the directional(s), not the parking lights.

Aaah! Got it. Thanks 2stroked,
Kerry