Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

who to buy this lip kit from??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default who to buy this lip kit from??

ok i have decided on getting this kit finally... i really wanted to get urethane but they do not make this one in urethane so im asking you guys who have this kit where to buy it from. i see that ED (Extreme Dimensions) and TCSportline both make this kit. I am really not a fan of fiberglass but it seems to me that the ED kit made of the duraflex may be better and more durable however I do not want to have to cut it up to make it fit and refinish the whole thing before paint i want good fitment and good quality. I realize i will have to do some finish and paint prep work.
here is the pic of the kit that im talking about
Old 05-17-2007, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I used to have that kit and fitment are ok on the front and sides. Do not purchase the rear, it doesnt fit nicely. You are better off buying the JP rear lip as it looks almost exactly the same but the fitment is 1000% better.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrSparkle
I used to have that kit and fitment are ok on the front and sides. Do not purchase the rear, it doesnt fit nicely. You are better off buying the JP rear lip as it looks almost exactly the same but the fitment is 1000% better.
im going to go ahead and assume that one of the two companies that make this kit sell a rear lip that fits correctly.
which manufacturer did you get yours from??
Old 05-18-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

nope they both suck. DO NOT get the rear lip. I had the tc sportline but the rear is just not made right. The only way to make it somewhat good is to either mold it onto the existing rear or fabricate tabs onto the lip. the lip is not a replacement, it covers the factory lip so it ends up being to short. Just get the JP rear lip if you want to complete the look or just dont get it.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrSparkle
nope they both suck. DO NOT get the rear lip. I had the tc sportline but the rear is just not made right. The only way to make it somewhat good is to either mold it onto the existing rear or fabricate tabs onto the lip. the lip is not a replacement, it covers the factory lip so it ends up being to short. Just get the JP rear lip if you want to complete the look or just dont get it.
ok... thank you... thats what i needed to know