Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

$50 for rear window wiper!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2016, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default $50 for rear window wiper!!!!!!!!!

Just came home from Autozone. I went there to buy new wiper blades for my 2005 Box. Front ones cost $17 each.......the back one is $50!!!!!!!!! What the heck. Fifty bucks for a single wiper?

Anyhow, I ended up NOT buying the rear wiper.

Does anybody know where I can get JUST the wiper blade? The employee at Autozone told me that the blade and wiper arm is a "one piece" design and that I would have to replace the entire arm WITH the blade.

How true is this?
Old 11-22-2016, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On many Toyota products, you can buy just the rubber portion of the wipers at a Toyota dealer. (Most people hate the hassle of changing them since changing the whole wiper blade is easier.) I'm not sure if the xB is one where you can do that though, so give your local dealer a call.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wiper Blade

Ok, I've had the same problem and here's the cheapest solution.

1. Buy just the wiper insert(it's just the rubber, nothing else). Here's a link to purchase: 85214-52020 - Genuine Toyota RUBBER, REAR WIPER
2. It's a little tricky but all you need to do is remove the 2 metal splines from you old rubber wiper and put them into your new rubber wiper. There are youtube videos to help you out but they're a little vague. It took me 5-10 minutes to figure out and I've done it twice over the last 11 years.
3. If you clean your rubber wiper with denatured alcohol regularly you will get a lot more mileage out of it.

You will feel a lot better with a brand new rear wiper!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

AWESOME!!!!....thank you very much for the information......gonna order one right now.

Search this Thread