Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   ack! my fender! *cries* (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/ack-my-fender-%2Acries%2A-18014/)

mikochu 02-13-2005 08:18 PM

ack! my fender! *cries*

Hey folks,
I just did a maintenance car wash (not as detailed...and no waxing). Two weeks ago, I found 3 little dings on my driver side fender (next to the headlight). I think someone hit my car while I was in class. The dings didn't look bad. I was gonna get them fixed by a Dent Wizard...but today I noticed the driver side fender was about a millimeter higher than the passenger side. The passenger side fender is flush with the hood while the driver side is slightly higher. :cry:

Who's up for some xA CF fenders? :D

Ashe_WCM 02-14-2005 12:27 AM

Now thats just too much :P

2tone_xB 02-14-2005 12:30 AM

CD Fenders :clap:

2tone_xB 02-14-2005 12:43 AM

Ha, CD. CF***

DJ_X_Trodinaire 02-14-2005 01:06 PM

get a hammer and pound that suckka

TOAST3R 02-14-2005 01:16 PM

dent wizard was useless for me, i had a ding, and it cost me 100$ to have them pop it out, and then after that the paint was cracked there so i had to pay 300$ to repaint the fender, wouldve been better off just letting the body shop do the whole thing

mikochu 02-14-2005 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by TOAST3R
dent wizard was useless for me, i had a ding, and it cost me 100$ to have them pop it out, and then after that the paint was cracked there so i had to pay 300$ to repaint the fender, wouldve been better off just letting the body shop do the whole thing

The paint cracked after the guy popped it out? That sucks! Maybe I'll just live with it...maybe even put a big vinyl bandaid on it :lol: yeah right.

How much is a new fender? hehe...

Tamago 02-14-2005 02:52 PM

fender should be pretty cheap..

i say live with it.. the instant you go fix it, some moron will go hit your car again.. :(

sorry bout your dings.. i have two now.. front and rear bumpers both f'd up by morons backing into my car.

transformerXA 02-14-2005 04:40 PM

i have two in the pas. side and it reall sucks. on on each door. im afraid to even find out how much it will cost

2tone_xB 02-15-2005 12:47 AM

Ah its ok.
Wasn't noticable.

jct 02-15-2005 01:06 AM

i just think of it this way its gaining personality

moaiD 02-15-2005 04:03 AM

yeah... let it be... somehow or other more dings will "appear".... when there's enuff of it... spray the whole damn ride... :)... and start a new "chapter" for ur car.... vicious cycle....

hnefrdo 02-15-2005 06:55 AM

sorry to hear it, man. i have a ding on my rear driver's side door and i cry everytime i see it.
i guess it just can't be avoided. in parking lots, i try to find a space next to a curb and get as close to the curb as possible. if i can't find curb parking, i try to park next to nicer cars hoping that the drivers are more careful and minding people. sigh.

SKIonBUN 02-17-2005 04:23 PM

yeah, someone sideswiped my drivers side front bumper and fender last weekend. HIT and RUN too. ugh...just got my quote from the insurance company...1800!

nice way to throw money out the window...especially when I did nothing.
i think i found the dink who did this too. i filed it with the police, but they can't do anything about it without an eyewitness. aye yi yi...when it rains it pours for me.

TOAST3R 02-17-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SKIonBUN
yeah, someone sideswiped my drivers side front bumper and fender last weekend. HIT and RUN too. ugh...just got my quote from the insurance company...1800!

nice way to throw money out the window...especially when I did nothing.
i think i found the dink who did this too. i filed it with the police, but they can't do anything about it without an eyewitness. aye yi yi...when it rains it pours for me.

that just means you "accidently" slip on some ice while standing next to that car holding your car keys firmly