Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Anyone have the Boomerang armrest? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/anyone-have-boomerang-armrest-25390/)

Jessman360 05-15-2005 08:08 PM

Anyone have the Boomerang armrest?

Is it as good as the other brands?

I'm thinking about getting it just for the CD holder.

FrankenScion 05-15-2005 08:20 PM

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sea...p?mode=results

Bleach3-0 05-15-2005 08:22 PM

I have gotten used to not having one actually lol.

FrankenScion 05-15-2005 08:24 PM

Not having one is not an option for normal people.

NixB 05-15-2005 08:35 PM

I have one, I got it installed at the dealership. check out my photos web link for pictures, I love it.

Jessman360 05-15-2005 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by FrankenScion

:roll: OK I did a search, but I want more opinions!

Originally Posted by Bleach2.0
I have gotten used to not having one actually lol.

I got used to it too. I just want it for the CD holder. I dont want to have my CDs slide around under my seat anymore.

Originally Posted by Romeo 2.0
I have one, I got it installed at the dealership. check out my photos web link for pictures, I love it.

Was it too hard to install yourself?!? How much did they charge you?

NixB 05-17-2005 07:20 PM

No it was not too hard to install myself I just wanted all of my options installed and put on my initial cost so I could afford them. If you are going to criticise people who do not think like you do and act like an immature baby, you need to find another club to join

jwinters78 05-19-2005 04:05 AM

i'm not sure if jessman360 was trying to be insulting or not, but that same question came to mind -- I am wondering if I will be able to install it myself or if I should just let the dealer do it. is it bolted on (ie - cut and drill into the seat, etc)?

anyone have specifics? i haven't actually searched for this -- i just became interested as I saw this post.

matt_a 05-19-2005 11:23 AM

I have one and I love it. I installed it myself and it was pretty easy. If you order one, make sure you ask about the leather top. They might be putting that on them now as standard, but I had to order mine extra. It's WAY nicer that the standard rubber top mine came with.

mikochu 05-19-2005 04:04 PM

The Boomerang armrest is good. It's a quality product. I wouldn't recommend it to those with manual transmissions, though...It can easily get in the way.

Here is my DIY install:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38367

eXActly 05-19-2005 04:59 PM

Good product if you have an automatic. Really easy to install. Very comfortable for me.

matt_a 05-19-2005 05:34 PM

I have the 5-speed and it works fine. When I very first installed it, I felt like my arm was at a strange angle to shift. That was only because I was used to no armrest and I had my elbow much lower. After I installed the Boomerang, I got used to it in no time. It's very comfortable. I still think it looks the most like an OEM part.

Jessman360 05-20-2005 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Romeo 2.0
No it was not too hard to install myself I just wanted all of my options installed and put on my initial cost so I could afford them. If you are going to criticise people who do not think like you do and act like an immature baby, you need to find another club to join

Relax son, I didn't ask you to think to like me. Unless you're rich or really lazy, I was just wondering why you would pay to have it installed if its advertised as being QUICK AND EASY TO INSTALL. But if your dealer did it for free, THEN ITS ALL GOOD :silly:
I'm not looking to join any clubs. If you're gonna get really mad at something that sounds even remotely insulting, then maybe YOU should just stay from EVERY message board on the internet period. :loser:

NixB 05-20-2005 03:50 PM

:blah:

Sciond 05-20-2005 04:10 PM

I have it with a 5spd and I like it..except I wish it was a bit higher up to rest my arm...

mikochu 05-20-2005 06:17 PM

oh, my bad. I meant to say I don't recommend it to those with the TWM short shifter...like me! It felt like digging in a trashcan and not being able to reach your sister's retainer at the bottom of the can.... :lol:

blukoi 05-23-2005 06:51 PM

I have the Zeta armrest, and love it. It's compact and easy to install.... I highly recommend it!

Box916 05-28-2005 03:51 PM

I guess I must be a retard or something, because I installed mine just as they told me too and the boomerang ends up wobbling around all the time...I had to sand down one of the supports because it interferred with the e-brake....oh well....kinda annoying, anyone else have this problem? I was thinking about doing a quick fix and drilling another hole and putting another bolt in....let me know...

FrankenScion 05-28-2005 03:53 PM

Just sell it and buy a Zeta.:D

Jessman360 05-28-2005 05:58 PM

Can you fit a CD case in the Zeta?