First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Bought another xB!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Talking Bought another xB!

It has been ages since I have been on this forum and lucky still remembered my log in information. I owned a 2005 Silver xB when they first came out and loved it. After two years I decided to trade it in which I then regretted it, 10 years later I bought another one.

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent xB for sale? I looked at about 10 Scions all xB's and always found something wrong with it. Usually it had a rebuilt title, they wanted too much for it, engine swaps with no paperwork, horrible interior and just numerous things.

I had one guy tell me the car was in great shape, I went to see it and it was running great but from what I saw and what was in the pictures was totally different. Had a salvage title then was rebuilt but the work done on it was a mess. It had been t-boned on the passenger side and the frame had been bent. Another guy had a Scion that was decent, ran good with a rattle during acceleration which I didn't mind and nice rims and tires. I offered him what he wanted then he said he would think about it. I messaged him a day later and he ended up keeping it because he saw my enthusiasm and wanted to keep it. WELL ____ MAN!! He had it up for 8 months and never sold it so I should have known.

Others were just trash, I didn't mind some work on the cars since I like to do the fixes myself but what they post and what was really wrong was night and day. A week ago I had saw a 2006 Scion xB at a small dealership across town so I was able to look at it but they were closed. I could go during the week to look at it because of work and how bad traffic is and would never make it on time before they closed. The guy at the dealership messaged me Wednesday and said the price went from $5k to $3,999. I was like OK.

The car was blue, manual and had 167k miles on it. I didn't want a manual but every time a Scion went up for sale it would get sold. I have a 2011 Mustang GT already that is a manual so a manual isn't a problem. So I told myself I will go on Saturday and see the car. Friday came along and the guy message me that it went down to $2,999. I told him I would be there Saturday morning when they open.

Got there 30 minutes after they opened and took it for a drive. It ran great, was clean inside and out but only had a noise when I would turn so I suspect it is the CV joint. I drove it back and bought it. As soon as I got back and signed the papers the guy showed me his phone that morning and everyone was asking for the car. He looked at me and said "First come, First served"!! The car was mine, and driving it took me back to when I had my Silver "Box Toy". So with out further adieu Im excited to be a Scion owner again. So I named my old Scion the "Box Toy" but now Im having trouble naming this one.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-24-2018 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice looking xB! I'm on my second one too. The first one is now owned by my son and has just short of 200,000 miles on the clock. Still runs great. Mine - also a 2006 - just rolled over 100,000 and runs perfectly. Good choice for a car!