Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Dome light stays on, keyless entry dont work, door ajar light stays on...opinions?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:04 AM

Default Dome light stays on, keyless entry dont work, door ajar light stays on...opinions?

OK so yesterday my keyless entry and radio stopped working, so I check the fuses under the dash, the DOME fuse 15a was blown, so I replaced it and it popped almost immediately, I started troubleshooting and found that my aftermarket LED dome lamp had become loose in its holder so I pushed it back up in the holder and replaced the 15a DOME fuse and it didnt pop, radio worked, dome light worked, and keyless entry worked (just the unlock, when I pressed lock it did nothing, odd huh?). So I thought I had fixed part of the issue. Now suddenly the door ajar light is always on, on the dash, and the dome light will not turn off when in the position dependent upon door being open or closed, and the keyless entry only works to unlock the door, but will not lock it. Maybe I have a bad Body Control Module, somehow it shorted out during all of this? Any ideas? Also I have no owners manual, I bought the car second used with no manual. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon

PS Where is the BCM located? Is it under the hood with the other fuses and relays?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:26 AM

UPDATE - Now the car will not start. I turn the key, all ights are on as normal, but the engine doersnt turn over, just here a single low volume "click" under the hood. FML
Old 07-05-2016, 02:52 AM

Fixed the non-starting issue. A 30a fuse was blown under the hood......wtf man. Why are all my fuses blowing and weird things happening all the sudden.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonathanfarrell
Fixed the non-starting issue. A 30a fuse was blown under the hood......wtf man. Why are all my fuses blowing and weird things happening all the sudden.
BAD GROUND!
At least, tha's what it's been whenever I've had weird electrical stuff start happening on any of my vehicles.
Check all over; there are a number of places that grounds happen. Make sure they're all clean and tight and corrosion free.
It's where I'd start, anyway . . . .