Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

FAQ: Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You think there will be anymore colors coming out for the xB? Hot Lava and Blue are the only ones I like and I kind of wanted to get an extraordinary color for a extraordinary car so I don't really want a blue but looks like that's what i will get...
Old 02-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

Chances are ... no. Not until they make the next years batch. Typically auto makers add/eliminate some colors to a specific line each year. I would think that if that is the case, you are looking into winter/spring of next year for the 2005 models.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok... I guess I will settle with the Blue. Maybe a get a paint job on it in a couple of years. It's all good though... just wish I could get the Lava somehow.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sad....

Originally Posted by Blingin Lava
Originally Posted by thebeast
I ordered this beautiful Scion Xb RS1.0 Orange Lava and it's going to be in the next few weeks. Due to poss buying a house next month I would have to sell my reservation spot. All the 2000 cars would have gone by the time I have enough money again.
Wow. That's the same problem I'm having with getting a glorified Hot Lava Xb. My parents were gonna help me a little bit, buuuuuuttt...... they bought a house recently and looks like I don't have a chance with getting one for I only have like $215! I don't even have a job... yet. Aww man... is there anyway I could get one in this type of situation?
Any ideas anybody?
Thanks
Hmmm ..... Despite getting a home, I would see no reason as to why they could not co-sign or even sign for a loan for you ! I built my home 3 years ago and at the same time had to sign my life away for an assisted care home for my Mother and also purchased a Cherokee ...... Dealers have ways to get you the credit you need, it may be a bit higher on the interest rate, but after you geta JOB you can always refinance the loan at a much lower rate .....
Old 02-25-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sad....

Originally Posted by House Of Steel
Originally Posted by Blingin Lava
Originally Posted by thebeast
I ordered this beautiful Scion Xb RS1.0 Orange Lava and it's going to be in the next few weeks. Due to poss buying a house next month I would have to sell my reservation spot. All the 2000 cars would have gone by the time I have enough money again.
Wow. That's the same problem I'm having with getting a glorified Hot Lava Xb. My parents were gonna help me a little bit, buuuuuuttt...... they bought a house recently and looks like I don't have a chance with getting one for I only have like $215! I don't even have a job... yet. Aww man... is there anyway I could get one in this type of situation?
Any ideas anybody?
Thanks
Hmmm ..... Despite getting a home, I would see no reason as to why they could not co-sign or even sign for a loan for you ! I built my home 3 years ago and at the same time had to sign my life away for an assisted care home for my Mother and also purchased a Cherokee ...... Dealers have ways to get you the credit you need, it may be a bit higher on the interest rate, but after you geta JOB you can always refinance the loan at a much lower rate .....
You think I could do that? Hmm... I might have a chance yet... I should have a job in about 2 or 3 months. Oh yeah I have a minivan I'm gonna sell someday so I should get about $3000 off of that. This is an amature question but after I get the loan and start making payments can I put about $2000 in my payment for a month so it would be like a late down payment sort of thing? Sorry for asking stupid questions but I'm only like 16 and I don't know that much about making payments and stuff on a car.
Thanks man for the idea! I appreciate it a lot!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are no stupid questions, that is how we all learn ......... Well, you take a loan for x-amount of dollars and you make a few payments, you save enough extra from your pay and then send say 2000.00 in, you need to tell them to apply this to the principal, not the interest, it does not shorten the loan terms, well that might not be true, it will shorten it some ..... The interest will be the same on original amount.

Yes - It is always better to send in a few extra dollars each month if you can ! I am not expert, but have experience with car loans, mortgages and all that fun stuff ....
Old 02-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

You can put money towards anything at any time. Be careful though, like in a mortgage issue, you may be penialized for making payments early. On the car though, i would think that it would not be a problem. Once you establish the line of credit for the car, then just ask the bank that holds the lein ( title ). Tell them you would like to make payments towards your principal ( the base amount, not the money that will make up the % rate ). By paying off the principal early, you reduce the amount you will pay back faster, thus reducing your payments and your interest.

Something to think about though, if you can get comfortable with all your payments, you may want to stick that 2 grand in the bank, this way if something happens ( you get laid off, need a new washer/dryer, oven, microwave ), any big priced item that you need ASAP, then you will have the money in savings, rather then chrage it, or not have it all together.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man... Thanks you guys! I'm only 16 though so I wouldn't need an oven or anything. I'm gonna try to sell the van for 3000 and then only put 2000 in a payment and keep the extra thousand for emergency purposes...
I appreciate all of this!!!
Thanks again
Old 02-26-2004, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it seems they can't even cosign for me...
This sux
Old 02-26-2004, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Be careful though, like in a mortgage issue, you may be penialized for making payments early. On the car though, i would think that it would not be a problem
you need to check with your particular states regulations. many states are no pre-payment penalty states.

i.e. , you can pay off any financial contract as early as you like and the lender can not penalize you for doing so.

The reason penalities are leveraged are because the lender looses a good amount of interest payments (the profit) when you close out pre-term. Even if you sign a contract stating you will be penalized for early payment - if your state has statutes prohibiting those fines, that contract is null and void and you are bound by the terms of it (otherwise, pay it early anyway and tell the lender to kiss off.... basically)

Check with your state.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Finally!!!

My dealer rep emailed me yesterday that they got my RS1 allocated. They weren't sure they would be able to get it allocated so they did not want to take my 500 until they knew.

I'll be at the dealer today and drop off my 500!

WHOOPIE!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Old 02-26-2004, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, good thing he read the threads posted here. He just rehashed everything that is stated essentially on the first page. Except he's wrong about the, "will be here in 2 months" . Considering #1 has been delivered in CA. The rest will be hitting port in NJ in the next week or two.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
Considering #1 has been delivered in CA. The rest will be hitting port in NJ in the next week or two.
Hopefully the boat will dock, and they will roll off onto the port, rathing then hitting it. I have waited too long to have my RS1 be the headline news when the boat HITS the docks.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Finally!!!

Originally Posted by TSiAWD
My dealer rep emailed me yesterday that they got my RS1 allocated. They weren't sure they would be able to get it allocated so they did not want to take my 500 until they knew.

I'll be at the dealer today and drop off my 500!

WHOOPIE!
Well they got my RS1 allocated, but it wasn't the one I ordered. They allocated 2 automatics. I told them 3 times stick manual no automatic.
I know the sales person told the inventory manager, but I guess he screwed it up later on when he submitted it and confused my order with the first hot lava guy (auto).

I told my rep I was sorry, but I wouldn't be buying an RS1 auto. If I wanted auto I'd get a regular one. The only reason I was getting the RS1 was because it was only 180 more than gettting a regular auto, and that is a tradeoff my wife would agree to, as I am paying for the damned thing.

They made a couple of calls and told me I would get a manual, but it would probably take until March 20th at this point.

I really don't blame them they made a mistake and it has been rectified. They keep asking if I dont want at least floormats or something cause I ordered no accessories at all. I told them no, the Hot Lava has all the accesories I need, and when I want fogs or TRD shifter I'll buy them.
I don't want to not get the stock parts (like the light covers when no fogs) by having the parts dealer installed.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

Hopefully the boat will dock, and they will roll off onto the port, rathing then hitting it. I have waited too long to have my RS1 be the headline news when the boat HITS the docks.
Yea, that would suck!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that color is so ____. its ok, so is the box though.

Wow.... u really want a lot attention don't you... go get a life please. I'm getting tired of you.

Thank you
Old 02-29-2004, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JUST WONDERED, I assume the port gulf states toyota will come in at will be Houston (Houston Ship Channel).
I just wanted to make sure. I live just outside Houston and I am hoping if living near the HSC will help.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I didn't have time to read over all the replies, but... I know some people have asked me if the Hot Lava xB's were in at the port (Jacksonville) yet... and as of yesterday... they are here!

I'm not sure the exact number we received, but I know they're here. They look good! Only thing I don't like is... the rubber molding (i think that's what it is) in between the the body and the ground effects is a mustardish color. It's a completely different color than the car itself. Not a huge thing, but... I still think it looks bad.

Anyway... just thought I'd tell those who asked me... they are here now.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Hennob
I didn't have time to read over all the replies, but... I know some people have asked me if the Hot Lava xB's were in at the port (Jacksonville) yet... and as of yesterday... they are here!

I'm not sure the exact number we received, but I know they're here. They look good! Only thing I don't like is... the rubber molding (i think that's what it is) in between the the body and the ground effects is a mustardish color. It's a completely different color than the car itself. Not a huge thing, but... I still think it looks bad.

Anyway... just thought I'd tell those who asked me... they are here now.
WooHoo, so you take any pics yet? IM me whenever you can!!
THanks,
Doc

Quick Reply: FAQ: Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava