Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   First-gen xB in Final Destination 4 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/first-gen-xb-final-destination-4-a-164234/)

ZOMGXB 06-08-2009 04:34 AM

First-gen xB in Final Destination 4

This is absolutely, beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt a Scion xB featuring majorly in the fourth Final Destination movie.

And I'm not just talking "seen in the background"...I mean intricately, totally involved in a major scene. OMG I'm so excited I just peed a little. :love:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3834315289/
Our lil box features at 1:26. Guess she shouldn't have opted for the sunroof!

The Final Destination movies have always relished a special touch of absurdity in their setups (for obvious reasons, the franchise can't take itself too seriously), and considering what appears to be happening, the Scion xB appaers to be the absolute perfect choice...though the requisite Wire Shorting Out (which happens at least 3 or 4 times in every FD movie) is probably better suited to a Volkswagen.

This is not the boxy car's first appearance within the franchise...in Final Destination 3, Wendy Christiansen's younger sister Julie is seen getting into the backseat of a silver Gen 1 xB. The box was just a bit player in that film, but gets top-row billing in this latest movie.

The second-gen xB has not been featured in any of the Final Destination movies...or any movie, actually, that I'm currently aware of. I dunno, they're pretty hard to spot, since they blend in with everything else... :rofl:

The movie comes out August 28th (which happens to be my birthday, lol). Any of the groups getting together to see it? :D

nachobox 06-08-2009 07:04 AM

sweet.

burstaneurysm 06-08-2009 06:33 PM

I just really like those movies.

sabiansdrum 06-08-2009 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
I just really like those movies.

yeah.. now watch happen to those who were supposed to be on France 447 flight...

burstaneurysm 06-08-2009 11:50 PM

Heh, yea.

djspectre 06-08-2009 11:53 PM

after seeing the first one, i didn't need to see the rest. They are clones of each other. Anyone remember The Crow line of movies? Same concept rehashed again and again.

BORING.

However, having an xB in a major movie does go to show that it's become iconic in status now. Film directors and set coordinators are realizing its integration into the younger crowd of drivers.

burstaneurysm 06-08-2009 11:59 PM

^ Meh, it's all about the kills. Who cares if they're rehashed? They have some of the more unique kills in horror/slasher movies.

swartzautoman 06-09-2009 01:37 PM

HOLY CRAP, I HAVE A SUNROOF!
good thing i don't go to that type of car wash

ShadowOnTheBayou 06-09-2009 11:29 PM

They filmed a bit of this movie down here in the NOLA area, and I recall seeing the xBs on craigslist after they did the shooting. Never got to see the role they played, though. Pretty cool.

ZOMGXB 06-09-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by djspectre
However, having an xB in a major movie does go to show that it's become iconic in status now. Film directors and set coordinators are realizing its integration into the younger crowd of drivers.

HMMMMMMM what's it say that they picked the first-gen instead of the...what's it called again? :rofl:

i think this is so cool. They needed a car that would have screen presence and fit the same sort of bizarre, vaguely abnormal environment that gets created in these movies, and they picked OURS :P zomg.

and really, i can't imagine anything else. there are few other vehicles that wouldn't just come off as any ol' boring car (can you imagine this with, like, a Cobalt?), and the xB is the best choice for a teenage cast....nothing is more appropriate...

...except the second-gen, or so Scion Corporate would have you believe. GEE, I guess this settles the debate on THAT one... :rofl: maybe in the movie her parents will drive next-gen xB's :lalala:

EAmon 06-10-2009 02:06 AM

lol it has XXR 962's on it

RedneckwithanxB 06-10-2009 02:15 AM

will be seeing it for this fact alon

swartzautoman 06-10-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by EAmon
lol it has XXR 962's on it

lol, it sure does, right at 1:28

ZOMGXB 06-11-2009 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ShadowOnTheBayou
They filmed a bit of this movie down here in the NOLA area, and I recall seeing the xBs on craigslist after they did the shooting. Never got to see the role they played, though. Pretty cool.

dude, nowai! :eyes: What condition did they list them in? :D Damp? :p

997zal 06-12-2009 07:34 AM

yeah.. now watch happen to those who were supposed to be on France 447 flight...[/quote]

A couple who missed their flight on AF 447 just died in a car accident in Austria. Death waits for no connecting flight! :nails:

ZOMGXB 08-28-2009 06:23 PM

Opening night bump! :D

Who else goin' to see it? :)

HATEnFATE 08-28-2009 07:37 PM

This is why I don't have an aftermarket sunroof......LoL

burstaneurysm 08-28-2009 08:13 PM

I definitely wanna see it. Love those movies.

daneisthegreatest 08-29-2009 09:58 PM

i saw it tuesday night...if you are going to see it, pay a little more and watch the 3D version, its so much better.

ZOMGXB 08-30-2009 06:25 AM

FYI, movie was absof*****g WRETCHED. >:( I absolutely hated it. And this is from someone who loved the other three.

The Scion itself is totally debadged - they even took the Scion logo off the STEERING WHEEL, and there's actually that little hole in the front grille after you take the badge off. Like anyone's NOT going to know what it is?! It's the most distinctive car sold on this continent.

Anyway, the car is only featured over like a 10 minute period. It's not even shown prior to the carwash scene, and there are virtually no interior shots. Total crap.

I like the part where the car wash takes off the external radio antenna. 9_9 F**king stuipd movie...