Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   First problem with Xb.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/first-problem-xb-31805/)

killerxromances 08-06-2005 04:33 PM

First problem with Xb..

Well guys, i sit at the toyota dealership waiting on word about the head unit. I have a cd in the cd player and it plays, however it won't eject it. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried everything i possibly could to get it out last night and obviously couldn't, so now im here... Stock unit.

The way it sounds, it sounds like its hung up on something. What? I have no idea. Any help would be nice...

Meanwhile, the guy said if they cant get it out they have to order a new head unit. Get it in, then swap them out...Also, the old one gets shipped back and then they have to try to get my cd out?? I dont see why they can't try to get it out here, i literally just bought it from a show last night.

Sigh
Cya

gjpjr84 08-06-2005 05:33 PM

that sucks, id want my cd back asap if they exchange it.

i dont use CDs all any more, iPod & iPod HU rule!

Metro273 08-06-2005 06:24 PM

Re: First problem with Xb..

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Meanwhile, the guy said if they cant get it out they have to order a new head unit. Get it in, then swap them out...Also, the old one gets shipped back and then they have to try to get my cd out?? I dont see why they can't try to get it out here, i literally just bought it from a show last night.

Sigh
Cya

I work at a dealership and we have the same issues with our radios. When a cd gets stuck in the HU, it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for removal and they will send it back. Our dealership fills out a card with the customer's info so when the cd is shipped back to the dealership, we call the customer so that they can pick up their cd or cds... :D

Naes 08-06-2005 06:57 PM

I lost a DVD this way. The stupid dealership had no idea what happened to it. I called back several times and of course no one knew anything.

Don't CD players have a manual eject that can be triggered to release the CD inside the hu? I had one that I had problems and it had a place where you could use a small screwdriver to release the CD.

Cisco60 08-06-2005 08:52 PM

Dam that sucks sounds like your car didn't like the music you were playing on the cd and just decided to devour it. "First reported CD eating scion xB?" :nails:

miggy 08-06-2005 10:06 PM

I push the eject button like 4 or 5 time before it comes out. I'm getting a replacement this coming week.

dirtysocks 08-07-2005 12:12 AM

its happened to me a few times i should prob take mine in maybe they could replace it with a 06 head unit

killerxromances 08-08-2005 06:55 AM

So i finally did get the record out. I used a cover (cd case) and worked it while pressing eject for 5 minutes until it finally released.

I haven't had a problem afterwords, got it out later last night. But im getting it replaced anyway just incase there is something wrong with it.

Thanks for all the feed back guys...

Cya

FuN_b0x408 08-08-2005 08:07 AM

Damn i thought i was the only one this happen to. my cds always get stuck i just use push the eject hella times and then it finally comes out

JDZNate 08-08-2005 10:57 AM

What CD got stuck

SFScionGuy 08-10-2005 12:59 PM

wow, i never heard of that problem before. whatever, that just means you need an aftermarket deck ;)

LVScionGal 08-10-2005 07:23 PM

We had this problem twice with the TCM. Had to push eject quite a few times to get cd out! :tap:

starrwulfe 08-10-2005 07:29 PM

aw crap... I hope I don't have this prob. Was this the standard radio, or the 6 disc changer?

JDMJim 08-10-2005 10:04 PM

buy a new radio and this won't happen anymore. I swapped to my Kenwood deck in a day and has a full system within a week! Hmmm, I don't have problems with my cD player not workin. Get rid of the problem and there won't be any.

cmdxb 08-11-2005 03:24 PM

im going to the dealer today, i want them to replace my HU w the 06 (has a cool knob on it..haha) but i have had this problem l;lately as well..im pretty pizzed about it myself...

titosbluebox 08-11-2005 04:20 PM

i have this problem also. but my cd gets stuck coming out and i just hit the top of the dash right above the cd player and it comes out

latinxb 08-11-2005 05:54 PM

Happens to me all the time...I just hit the top part of the player a little hard with my fingers and it comes out..worx every time...ghetto...haha

killerxromances 08-11-2005 08:38 PM

:rofl:
I have an appointment set up tomorrow at 9am, so hopefully i get the 06 version? maybe? maybe...probably not..

Cya

JDMJim 08-12-2005 01:43 AM

stock radios are boring!!!

Sciond 08-12-2005 01:47 AM

I had a few people i know Have this happen to them...Xbeepbeep was one