Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Giving your car a name (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/giving-your-car-name-17065/)

scionic_girl 02-01-2005 01:39 AM

Giving your car a name

So , I saw that white xa's are nicknamed pandas, which is so cute, but does anyone have a name for blue xa's? I can't think of anything good. I was going to call my car the japanese word for blue, but that words is pronounced like "owie" and that is a bit dumb sounding. But I still want to be a total crazy xa fan and name my car. Am I the only one? Do other people name their scions?? :nails:

time2design 02-01-2005 02:00 AM

Well, I haven't GOT my Scion yet (waiting a week now, but that's a long story; tomorrow morning they promise me) but I have named all my other cars.

I had a Camry named Max and a Civic named Electra.

My friend has a RAV4 and named it "Suvie" as in a li'l mini SUV. :P

02-01-2005 03:43 AM

It's fun to name cars, especially one like the xA since it has so much personality!

Blue color is a bit hard too name though. I think 'aoi' is a cute, there's also sky (or 'sora' in romanji) you can even combine it to get sky blue or 'aoi sora' :P

How about 'Dora' after the character in Finding Nemo? I think it fit well given the quirky but hugely fun nature of our cars :P

oBnoXious_XB 02-01-2005 03:50 AM

Dory* :lol:

transformerXA 02-01-2005 06:38 AM

i cant think of a good name for mine either. i have a black Xa

mikochu 02-01-2005 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by cloudnine
Blue color is a bit hard too name though. I think 'aoi' is a cute, there's also sky (or 'sora' in romanji) you can even combine it to get sky blue or 'aoi sora' :P

Aoi Sora (Sora Aoi?) is the name of a Japanese "Idol" (model)...

I personally don't have a name for my car... Although, it has been called "the scion," "the panda," and "your car." :lol:

nds_CARnivore 02-01-2005 01:52 PM

My wife coined my blue Xa " the Mistress". Here's why:
She came to me at 40 ( MIdlife Crisis time )
She's small, tight and curvy
If I push her too hard, she threatens to scream
She turns heads whenI'm seen with her ( I used to drive 4x4 trucks - I had three in a row)

And I'm constantly looking to but her things that I hope my wife doesn't find out about.

02-01-2005 03:47 PM

^^^ That is hilarious! The name fits so well with your car~ pray that the wife doesn't get jealous of your mistress soon :silly:

Originally Posted by mikochu

nyahaha~ I'm suprised that you knew about her! :P

Joehnn 02-01-2005 04:00 PM

I had an old broken down Celica in college I aptly named Piece of SH*#.

Does that count? :rofl:

Priory_of_Scion 02-01-2005 04:05 PM

I've named my tC....."Scionysus"......ya know, the greek god of all Scions.

weazeL234 02-01-2005 04:09 PM

i have an ink indigo pearl xa, aka...blue....but even though it's blue, one day i looked at it from the front...and muh' god it's shreks head...but blue..lol...so i have been calling it shrekkie or shrek ever since...it seriously has the resemblence...scary :rofl:

myXAisSeXaY 02-01-2005 04:55 PM

I have a blue xa...i named in Indy...short for indigo..the paint...i think it sounds speedy..lol

SKIonBUN 02-01-2005 05:38 PM

i have a grey xA.

I named it Booger....because it is so tiny and cute.
I was driving with a friend onetime and dodged some cars on the highway at a decent speed...she then gave it another nickname...Snot Rocket.

DJ_X_Trodinaire 02-01-2005 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by cloudnine

Originally Posted by mikochu

nyahaha~ I'm suprised that you knew about her! :P

he is a fan :silly:

MarkRS1 02-04-2005 03:37 PM

Car Names

I named my Rs 1.0 "The Hottness"

It was how I described the car when i first saw it in the dealership.

My frineds laught because when I turn the car on, the radio screen says "The Hottness"

SKIonBUN 02-04-2005 06:05 PM

how do you do that...to your screen? is that satellite?

nds_CARnivore 02-04-2005 06:38 PM

The owners manual tells how to change the display name. Mine says " the Mistress".

Q-Bert 02-04-2005 07:48 PM

I had min for about a day-and-a half before i named it. Q-Bert

ChristInside 02-04-2005 11:07 PM

I have a white xB. I haven't named it yet, but i always have a name for my cars. My friends all call it the 'milk truck', but i dont like it.

Oni-Haya 02-04-2005 11:59 PM

Mine is the Fire Rooster after the year I was born. You can translate that to a temperature and another name for rooster.

But I like "the mistress" name too ... it sure fits!!!