Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   How many ordered a Scion? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/how-many-ordered-scion-26311/)

zbaird 05-27-2005 01:06 AM

How many ordered a Scion?

Just seeing if it would be better to order a Scion with my own specs rather than to buy one off the lot. Give me you're input.

marcs_xb 05-27-2005 01:12 AM

If you can get one off the lot get it!!! No benefit to ordering one.

zbaird 05-27-2005 01:13 AM

Well I ask because if I ordered the TRD springs, exhaust, and AEM CAI, that stuff would already come installed. Correct??

wholeflaffer 05-27-2005 01:20 AM

When the 2005 xBs come off the boat from Japan at the U.S. ports, there's 12 variants (14 if you include the R.S. 2.0): 6 colors, each in either manual or automatic. You will get one of these.

Any add-ons or options you ordered with your new xB will be installed either at the U.S. port or at a dealership.

wholeflaffer 05-27-2005 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by marc's xb

Unless you are looking for an xB that hasn't been test-driven, or perhaps has some unwanted add-ons already installed that the dealer won't remove.

firesquare 05-27-2005 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by zbaird
Well I ask because if I ordered the TRD springs, exhaust, and AEM CAI, that stuff would already come installed. Correct??

dont get that stuff

buy it stock and youll save LOTS of money. dont let toyota sucker you into buying their parts. JMO

-Paul

marcs_xb 05-27-2005 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wholeflaffer

Unless you are looking for an xB that hasn't been test-driven, or perhaps has some unwanted add-ons already installed that the dealer won't remove.

I implied that in my statement. I bought mine off the lot and with the exception of the 6-disc stereo, it had everything I wanted on it. I added the armrest and underdash lighting and have grown to love the 6-disc with its color changing display. It was get this one or wait for a special order. I have had my xB since 4/08/05 and probably would not have received a special order one yet!

marcs_xb 05-27-2005 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wholeflaffer

I implied that in my statement. I bought mine off the lot and with the exception of the 6-disc stereo, it had everything I wanted on it. I added the armrest and underdash lighting and have grown to love the 6-disc with its color changing display. It was get this one or wait for a special order. I have had my xB since 4/08/05 and probably would not have received a special order one yet!

And as far as test mileage, mine had 28 miles on it before I test drove it and made it my own.

xBino 05-27-2005 06:12 PM

i vote for buying stock and adding those upgrades slowly. you'll save yourself a lot of money buying aftermarket and the interest over 60months will have you paying more for the mods

OldYeller 05-27-2005 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by zbaird

The Scion's accessories that you mention are sold uninstalled. You would have to pay Toyota to install them anyway. They might install them at the port or at the dealership, but you would pay either way.

Max2k 05-27-2005 08:16 PM

Pretty much everything is installed at the dealer, so it's not like you won't be able to get the accessories you want.