Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I have a few Mod questions to put out there to you Blade owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default I have a few Mod questions to put out there to you Blade owners

1: What do you you think is the most important area to start changing things on mobility or astetics?

2: In the engine area is there a GOOD chip to go with if you have the basic stock engine in a 06 box?

3: WHY oh WHY does everything I read call the re-seat a Removable but to me it seems like any other rear seat in its brackets to remove?

Thanks any useful input will be appreciated....seeings I have been out of the car moding life for a few years.!! Used to have a couple of lowered trucks in my pasted..!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never heard of a xB called a Blade lol, but to answer your first question mobility over aesthetics really comes down to your own personal preference. They are both expensive routes but do what will make you happy the most, and you can always do motor work and exterior both, and not just stick to one side.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyRollingToaster
1: What do you you think is the most important area to start changing things on mobility or aesthetics?

2: In the engine area is there a GOOD chip to go with if you have the basic stock engine in a 06 box?

Coilovers take care of handling and looks if you get a nice drop.

Do something with the taillights!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take care of handling first if you can, usually guys with a lot of body stuff end up showing off too much and end up eating dirt because their car cant keep up with their ego.....

just sayin
Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
I've never heard of a xB called a Blade lol,
Pheww, I thought it was just me!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If you have an xB, speed shouldn't be your primary concern. They look much better cruising then taking off at a light.

To answer the questions:
1. Asthetics. It doesn't take much to make an xB look good, start with springs to tighten the wheel gap and a decent set of wheels. Anything over 17" though and the ride gets pretty harsh. Rear spoilers are cheap, easy to install, and give a more agressice side profile. I like the OEM design, do not run a book shelf design.

2. No, there is no performance chip upgrade. Intake, header and axle-back exhaust will give you maybe 10-12 HP, not too noticeable. If you want to go that route, I have a used Strup header and Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake for sale. For noticeable power, you need to turbo or supercharge. I recommend the turbo to not have belt slippage and potential for increase. I've also got a Greddy turbo available, I swithced it out for a 365Motorwerks / Garrett setup to go with a built motor. Nothing short of a full race build will get you close to 200+ HP though.

3. Huh? Please rephrase the question.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Great

I appreciate all the idea's and thoughts!! I already have 17's with 40 series tires( well not on now have my winter wear hehe) but have debated dropping the box anything more than like an inch or more do to it seeming to be pretty low already. I figured someone was going to burst my bubble and tell me there was not a Chip . ohhh well..! I am so what my zodiac says, very balanced or unbalanced depending on how you look at it...Some days I want more speed and handling and others I want my ride to Stickout and SHINE....! Will see where the money leads after the holidays
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
If you have an xB, speed shouldn't be your primary concern. They look much better cruising then taking off at a light.

To answer the questions:
1. Asthetics. It doesn't take much to make an xB look good, start with springs to tighten the wheel gap and a decent set of wheels. Anything over 17" though and the ride gets pretty harsh. Rear spoilers are cheap, easy to install, and give a more agressice side profile. I like the OEM design, do not run a book shelf design.

2. No, there is no performance chip upgrade. Intake, header and axle-back exhaust will give you maybe 10-12 HP, not too noticeable. If you want to go that route, I have a used Strup header and Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake for sale. For noticeable power, you need to turbo or supercharge. I recommend the turbo to not have belt slippage and potential for increase. I've also got a Greddy turbo available, I swithced it out for a 365Motorwerks / Garrett setup to go with a built motor. Nothing short of a full race build will get you close to 200+ HP though.

3. Huh? Please rephrase the question.

Question 3 is about certain things I have been reading calling the back bench Removable, When I read something like that I think that i ts a easy release not just your basic have to unbolt design.

As to engine/exhaust parts you have for sale what are you looking pricewise to get for them?

Not looking for 200hp but somewhere over 150 or so would be nice...!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
take care of handling first if you can, usually guys with a lot of body stuff end up showing off too much and end up eating dirt because their car cant keep up with their ego.....

just sayin
Thank Gosh I don't have much of a ego hehe well most of the time..
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
I've never heard of a xB called a Blade lol, but to answer your first question mobility over aesthetics really comes down to your own personal preference. They are both expensive routes but do what will make you happy the most, and you can always do motor work and exterior both, and not just stick to one side.

Blase is in reference to ALL Scions not just Xb's. I used to have a problem remembering the company name for some reason(clogged brain time of my life..SCHOOL) and all I could remember was the shape of the symbol...looked like a cool 2 bladed knife aka BLADE.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

blade lol never thought of that. I agree w/ everyone above. get some Tein H-techs, a header (love the DC sports on my wife's), a generic intake and an exhaust "for that fast sound" lol, an OEM spoiler and call it good!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
blade lol never thought of that. I agree w/ everyone above. get some Tein H-techs, a header (love the DC sports on my wife's), a generic intake and an exhaust "for that fast sound" lol, an OEM spoiler and call it good!
don't forget the tail lights! The stock ones look terrible IMO!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

youre not gonna hit 150+ hp without building your motor from the ground up. turbo boxes usually run about 125 hp and thats pushing the limits on the stock internals.

i am in agreement with everyone else, go with a nice set of springs (if you dont have the funds for coilovers) tanable nf210 will give you a slight drop and DF210 will give you a greater drop.

get a cheap intake from ebay or in the classifieds on here, header (cheap or name brand dont really matter, theyll all be better than stock manifold) and a decent cat/axelback exhaust. all bolt on parts and you will feel the power gain when you get them all installed.

for a I/H/E setup youre looking at spending about $200-$500 depending on how much you like name brand items and this will increase your hp to 100+ compared to the stock 88 hp

and listen to Zman, change the tail lights, you could go with LED tails, TYC tails, or go the cheap but effective route that i went and get the tint overlays off ebay and tint them.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

have to unbolt the rear seat but it is easy.... Dane you can hit 150 hp without a total rebuild but it may not last as long as you like
Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

yeah, thats what i was meaning, if i boost my box to 150+ i will want it to last longer than a few months to a year.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
have to unbolt the rear seat but it is easy.... Dane you can hit 150 hp without a total rebuild but it may not last as long as you like
It would be fun to have 150hp and still hypermile in it.
Cruising at 45mph like no other!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For me, it would be a combination of both aesthetics and performance. Lowering springs (tien s-techs, tanabe df210), a rear sway bar, and maybe eyelids and different taillights would be a great start and not too pricey.
As for the engine, it will remain entirely stock for me. Reliability is key. I need the engine to run as long as possible before putting more more into it.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1epoXyBox
For me, it would be a combination of both aesthetics and performance. Lowering springs (tien s-techs, tanabe df210), a rear sway bar, and maybe eyelids and different taillights would be a great start and not too pricey.
As for the engine, it will remain entirely stock for me. Reliability is key. I need the engine to run as long as possible before putting more more into it.
The BB front badge is cheap and overdone, but a good improvement to the pig nose Scion badge.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Blade is new to me.