Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Looking at an 05 XB-Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM

Default Looking at an 05 XB-Need some help

I currently drive a Mini Clubman S, which I love but it has a nice size payment so i was looking into something else. I found an '05 Scion XB, really clean with about 50K on it for about half the price of what I owe on my Mini.

I'm probably going to look at it tonight, so I wanted to know what to look for and what I should know about the 05 model (If anything)

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a 2004 Scion xb + a 2005 Scion xA. If the title is clean + you have a carfax report + mechanically sound + the price is close to Blue book purchase value, then all good + go for it. It won't be as fast as the mini, but, the gas mileage may be better.

I have been hearing repair problems with the mini cooper.
No major TBS reports or major issues reports on any Scion web sites. The 1st gen xB is very reliable + expect normal service repair/replacement, Many xB reported running over 100,000 miles + one person here has over 300,000 miles.

Good Luck
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I actually already had to get a new turbo for my Mini, with under 40k miles- but that's a side note, thankfully still under warranty!

I'm looking at an XB from a dealer with a great rep (my brother works there) so I don't think I will have any issues.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member

A couple days late, I know, but I asked a similar question when I was looking for my xB, and got little response. At at first I was a little disappointed at the lack of info, but then I realized the xB is so reliable there wasn't much to say about it, no "avoid such and such year because they have this problem", and so on. Everything works, what's to talk about?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Buy a used XB1?

I'd say if you didn't buy the XB1 you were looking at I still recommend you track another one down and buy it. Obviously, it's a very popular car and you'll have to pay blue book but it's worth it.

Yes, you always have to be careful buying a used car but if you do a carfax and the owner and car looks good it's probably going to be a good deal for you. The XB1 rarely breaks down and if it does run into a problem you can easily get it fixed, you can definitely get it fixed cheaper than where I am here in Hawaii!!!