Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   new here, and i have to wait till june (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/new-here-i-have-wait-till-june-1583/)

lethal5555 01-22-2004 06:04 PM

new here, and i have to wait till june

hey everyone, just wanted to say whats up. i'm from minneapolis and i'm gonna get me a xA in june. as of last night, i'm the first guy on Rudy Luther Toyota's waiting list!!! they bought one from cali and i got to test drive it last night. surprised how not slow it was. i wasnt expecting much, but it felt good.

Scionic 01-22-2004 06:07 PM

Good to hear....the wait will be well worth it. They are great cars.

Also welcome to Scionlife.

DibujoB 01-22-2004 06:09 PM

awesome! The xA is a great car, I'm glad you were able to take one out. Hope you're staying warm up there...I used to have a roomate from MN and went to visit him once....dang it gets cold up there.

fugeelama 01-22-2004 06:41 PM

Welcome to the ScionLife family! Glad to see more midwest people getting interested in the cars. Maybe soon we'll have enough people to start a club! Personally, I can't wait till June so I'm gonna go get one next month :)

stellarhavoc 01-22-2004 09:06 PM

Welcome to the community!

lethal5555 01-23-2004 05:25 PM

hey guys, yes we are staying warm up here!!! its like 15degrees right now and its not too bad. its was below zero for awhile yesterday.

yeah i was thinking about getting one before june, but this gives me time to save up and also pay off some dept from my old car (project gsr) i also wouldnt want to drive it in the winter.

ItsMeArjay 01-24-2004 05:35 PM

the scion has been out in cali. i saw em when i was in cali in september of 03. and i thought february was a long time away. today is saturday january 24, and if things go right, i will have my car either xa or xb monday the 26th. i guess i'll have to flip a coin heads for xa tails for xb. or play the salesman rock paper scissors best out of 3. lol

SCI_FIRE 01-25-2004 08:27 PM

Man, I would have freaked out if I had to wait 6 months to buy the car I wanted! You guys must have the patience of a saint. I would have had to wait 3 or 4 months to get an XA with side airbags, so I bought one without them.

ItsMeArjay, it's a tough choice... the rugged and manly XB, which peeps either LOVE or HATE, or the racey, sporty, more socially acceptable XA... Collect the whole set!

its_ikon 01-26-2004 12:14 AM

that is going to be a long wait, but glad you are happy about it.

miaoulis 04-18-2004 03:44 AM

You're not alone, I'm down in Illinois and have to wait til June too. I've had my deposit down for a month now, I feel you.

arzon 04-24-2004 09:39 AM

:oops: yes i have to wait until june, but look at all the cool stuff i can buy for it. cant wait. phantom grey.

arzon 04-24-2004 09:40 AM

:oops: yes i have to wait until june, but look at all the cool stuff i can buy for it. cant wait. phantom grey.

cliffy1 04-24-2004 03:25 PM

Ya' sure you don't want to take a flight to somewhere that has them already? Like Virginia perhaps? I've got your color in both 5 speed and automatic and they all come with a free 6 disc CD!

Lukey_Poo 04-25-2004 02:56 AM

Hey everyone. I'm new here as well. I've been reading since Feb. but didn't really have anything to say. I was just trying to learn everything I could about the xA before I decided to get one.

I live in Oregon and so I'm saving for my down payment and come June I will be getting a silver streak mica xA. I'm quite excited as it will be my first car that is new. I've had a old Neon beater up until now and I really wanted to buy something that is new, fairly inexpensive and that I can do stuff too. So... yeah. I'll be around :wink:

scionAR 04-25-2004 05:46 PM

Welcome!!

I'm glad that the Scions are making its way throughout the country. I'm originally from Ontario, Canada and I'm visitin home in May, hopefully there will be some around there that I can point out to my friends and show them my polar white xA.