Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Pioneer Radio-Are back plugs the same for T1804 as T1805?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Pioneer Radio-Are back plugs the same for T1804 as T1805?

Hey Gang, Just last week, I purchased my first ScionXB. It's a Blue Onyx Pearl 2005. Since my CDplayer is not working, I need to buy another one. I found one on ebay, Model T-1804. My broken existing one is Model T-1805. Are the electrical plugs on the back the very same? If anyone knows for sure, please post because I have less than 24 hrs. before the auction ends. Thanks, Breezer

I'm looking forward to meeting other XB owners and learning more about these boxes.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you dont mind me asking, how much is that one going for? because you may come out better buying an aftermarket cd player. it will give your speakers a much better sound and also you can get one fairly cheap now that has usb hookups for flash drives or ipods.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnBenton
if you dont mind me asking, how much is that one going for? because you may come out better buying an aftermarket cd player. it will give your speakers a much better sound and also you can get one fairly cheap now that has usb hookups for flash drives or ipods.
Hey Benton, thanks for the reply. There are several on ebay going from $35 bucks to $125. I would prefer one w/ a AUX so I can play my MP3 player, but I'm not handy with electrical stuff, and need one that is plug & play w/out any hassle. Elec. wiring is not my thing, and I've already spent more $ than I wanted to buying the car and new rims, so what do you suggest I get to fit the hole in the dash that is P & P with an AUX? Breezer
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont know much about the stock radios, i cant even remember if it has an aux or not.. but wiring a new aftermarket cd player is super easy.. you just buy the right harness for the car then just match the colors together, and you are done. but if you can find a stock one that cheap, that is a good deal. i do have my stock one laying around.. if i can find it, and it is the one you are looking for.. i have no problem just giving it to you, as long as you pay shipping cost.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to double post.. but yours is a 2005, as is mine.. so im pretty sure mine will be what you are looking for.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM

i dont know much about the stock radios, i cant even remember if it has an aux or not.. but wiring a new aftermarket cd player is super easy.. you just buy the right harness for the car then just match the colors together, and you are done. but if you can find a stock one that cheap, that is a good deal. i do have my stock one laying around.. if i can find it, and it is the one you are looking for.. i have no problem just giving it to you, as long as you pay shipping cost.

Oh, man that would be great. Yes, I'll be more than happy to pay for the shipping. Was the CD player on yours working when you took it out? The radio works fine on mine, but whenever I load a CD, it spits it out immediately and doesn't give an error message. I think the eye is shot. Send me a PM when you find it, and we can exchange snail mails. Thanks again, Breezer
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it works fine, but if i do recall correctly, i remember very very rarely (i mean like once every 6-8 months) when you would eject a cd, it would not come out on the first try.. but on the second try it did just fine.. the only reason i dont use it is because i had a nice kenwood cd player from my previous car, and eventually stuck it in the xb.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:27 PM

yes it works fine, but if i do recall correctly, i remember very very rarely (i mean like once every 6-8 months) when you would eject a cd, it would not come out on the first try.. but on the second try it did just fine.. the only reason i dont use it is because i had a nice kenwood cd player from my previous car, and eventually stuck it in the xb.
That's not a problem at all. Check your PM box.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Major kudos to ShawnBenton! After receiving the radio, I can confirm the T-1804 and the T-1806 elec. plug-ins in the back are the same. Installation will be this afternoon. Breezer
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

they haven't changed those types of connectors since 1987.. lol..
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
they haven't changed those types of connectors since 1987.. lol..
SH, Thanks for your input. You may have found my question funny, but this is my 1st ScionXB, and I've owned it a little over a week, so I'm not knowledgeable about all of its features. I've owned Street Rods in the past, which is an entirely different ballgame. I feel sure some novice XB owners in the future will find this post helpful. Breezer
Old 05-11-2012, 06:20 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

it's more a Toyota thing.. but yes.. i just had to make sure to let people know.. as well as assure people that the connectors aren't going to be changed any time soon..

so for people looking to get an aftermarket headunit in.. they can buy the wiring harness and would be fine as it'll be the same.

often, a new Toyota vehicle comes out... and people don't see online a wiring harness available... when most likely, the database just hasn't been updated... it'll be the same exact harness from any other Toyota made after 1987.

btw, i did not find your question funny. it was a legit question.. i just jokingly answered as such. i meant no offense.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
it's more a Toyota thing.. but yes.. i just had to make sure to let people know.. as well as assure people that the connectors aren't going to be changed any time soon..

so for people looking to get an aftermarket headunit in.. they can buy the wiring harness and would be fine as it'll be the same.

often, a new Toyota vehicle comes out... and people don't see online a wiring harness available... when most likely, the database just hasn't been updated... it'll be the same exact harness from any other Toyota made after 1987.

btw, i did not find your question funny. it was a legit question.. i just jokingly answered as such. i meant no offense.
SH, I honestly appreciate your reply. I feel somewhat dumb about the ScionXB, but hopefully will become more knowledgeable learning from guys like you. Thanks.