Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Questions regarding Release Series (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/questions-regarding-release-series-237212/)

CobraStrikeDown 05-10-2019 03:44 AM

Questions regarding Release Series

So I've been looking at First Gen xB's for sale casually while I wait until the Tacoma can be traded in. And it seems to be a decent idea to pick up a Release Series as they're honestly not that much more expensive.

That being said, I want a white xB (preferably) and to my knowledge I haven't seen any official ones posted here (I see Lava, Green and Solar Yellow...). Is there a white Release Series?

The reason I ask, is there is one for sale, but for the life of me it looks like a stock xB from tip to tail. I'd assume the grille at the very least would be different, but it's your typical dock. I can't see the car in person, so I can't look for the inside badge that says what number/number it is.

Does this exist? And if so, what should I be looking for so I don't get hosed potentially.

Thanks in advance!

_________

MR_LUV 05-10-2019 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by CobraStrikeDown (Post 4293877)
So I've been looking at First Gen xB's for sale casually while I wait until the Tacoma can be traded in. And it seems to be a decent idea to pick up a Release Series as they're honestly not that much more expensive. That being said, I want a white xB (preferably) and to my knowledge I haven't seen any official ones posted here (I see Lava, Green and Solar Yellow...). Is there a white Release Series? The reason I ask, is there is one for sale, but for the life of me it looks like a stock xB from tip to tail. I'd assume the grille at the very least would be different, but it's your typical dock. I can't see the car in person, so I can't look for the inside badge that says what number/number it is. Does this exist? And if so, what should I be looking for so I don't get hosed potentially. Thanks in advance!

There were Only 4 Gen1 xB Release Series. None of them are White.

1. 2004 xB Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava- Limited Edition of 2,100 Units

2. 2005 xB Release Series 2.0 Solar Yellow- Limited Edition of 2,500 Units

3. 2006 xB Release Series 3.0 Envy Green - Limited Edition of 2,200 Units

4. 2006.5 xB Release Series 4.0 Maziora Torched Penny Limited Edition of 2,500 Units.
Maziora is a Unique Chameleon Color Shifting Paint. Depending of Light and Angle, it a cross between Brown / Bronze / Gold.

IF you want a White Gen1 xB, it will have to be a Base Model.

MR LUV

CobraStrikeDown 05-10-2019 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by MR_LUV (Post 4293878)
There were Only 4 Gen1 xB Release Series. None of them are White.

1. 2004 xB Release Series 1.0 Hot Lava- Limited Edition of 2,100 Units

2. 2005 xB Release Series 2.0 Solar Yellow- Limited Edition of 2,500 Units

3. 2006 xB Release Series 3.0 Envy Green - Limited Edition of 2,200 Units

4. 2006.5 xB Release Series 4.0 Maziora Torched Penny Limited Edition of 2,500 Units.
Maziora is a Unique Chameleon Color Shifting Paint. Depending of Light and Angle, it a cross between Brown / Bronze / Gold.

IF you want a White Gen1 xB, it will have to be a Base Model.

MR LUV

That's what I thought. So they're lying. That's what I figured, unfortunately.

People suck...

Thanks for the help, Mr. L.

MR_LUV 05-10-2019 08:07 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sci...50fc4676dc.jpg
In 2006, Scion released 2 Release Series in the Final year of the Gen1 xB. The RS 3.0 Envy Green came out Early in the year. Then the RS 4.0 Maziora Torched Penny was released in November 2006.

Big_Jim 05-10-2019 01:40 PM

The only white RS scion was a tC, and that was the RS 3.0, in blizzard pearl.

CobraStrikeDown 05-11-2019 04:08 AM

Yeah, this lady's trying to say her White xB is a Release Series.... with her stock Scion grille and her stock paint and her stock body panels, etc etc etc.

I smelled BS a mile away, but due to the condition (and the exorbitant price she's asking), I was curious, and asked just in case I wasn't doing my research properly.

As usual, seems my research was on point. People suck, what can I say?

_____