Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Rear wiper speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rear wiper speed?

Now I might be crazy (and probably am), but I swear the rear wiper on my xB used to be intermittent. It goes back and forth constantly now, so I have to turn it on and turn it off again, unless I'm in a typhoon (and I've got more worries then).

How fast does your rear wiper go? Is there a way to select it?
Old 06-11-2005, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

yep you;re crazy-sorry couldnt resist! mine only goes one speed on all the time i wish it could have an intermittent setting though
Old 06-11-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

i hate the rear wiper. this is the first car i have even owned that didn't have intermittent wipers. granted, this is only in the back, but this make the rear wiper useless IMO
Old 06-11-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all the more reason to use RainX and remove that punky wiper for better things: back-up cam, or blank it off.. or install some sort of funny object put onto the wiper shaft... or a safety-wagger to operate the wiper motor when the brake light is on (a simple relay arrangement.

motion does more to stop some drivers than your bright brake ligthts (the combination of both light and motion being the -best- to avoid rear-end accidents

-the above is "in my opinion"-

I showed Ray (the oldest toaster driver) my funny smilie disc presently mounted on the rear wiper shaft ending (a Tee nut screws on, and has the object epoxied to its plane face.

I guess that got Ray to thinking! Today he said to me:

"Reid! Could ya make me a wagging finger? I mean a hand with a finger like not the Bird, but wagging disapproval?"

Why Ray?

"Oh, see when someone's behind me, maybe they were gonna cut me off, I could turn on the rear wiper and have that hand -waggle- at 'em!"

but, hey, this is a very cool idea: the famous finger of admonishment! Idea purely from the bright mind of a 91 year old man. Wow.