First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

RS 4.0 Show off here

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

it's nice that you HAVE opionions . . . perhaps next you could have some TASTE, lol

j/k - this isn't a bash rob's car thread, if you all want to talk poorly of the color or something, why not try listening to all of the people who HATE the xB? Scion was built as a polorized styling to inspire a reaction. Good or bad, this car has done the best job of creating a reaction in people since the lunch of Scion back in 03. I will say that that color is awesome. I can't believe that an auto manufacturer produced a $15,000 car with chameleon paint. That is what is so damn cool about scion, and what makes it a pleasure to work for and drive their cars.

If you don't like the color, cool. But you should think about all the weird looks and remember all the times you've had to defend your own cars to old people at the gas station before you walk around touting your bash the RS4.0 stick. The color is badass, if you don't agree, cool. just keep your mouth shut.

and for the record, i would buy the car for the poo brown. it's my favorite color on the shole spectrum of it.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well here is my rs4 with bsa 367 17's with 205/40's.let me know what you all think about my wheel choice.I know I have wheel well gap I am trying to make up my mind between bags and coilovers.sorry for the crappy pics they are with my phone but u get the idea.

I think most of these color haters have either not seen one in person or they are trying to convince themselves they hate it so they wont go into debt to buy one
seriously we all love the fact that these little boxes get so much attention.Well I just traded in a bcp for my rs4 and let me tell you if its daylight(nobody can tell its a different car at night LOL)it gets about three times as much attention as my old one did.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

damnbump...looks nice And thanks for getting the thread back on topic! We need more pics.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

hotbox05, just wondering if you have had the chance the color in person? It is truly an amazing color in PERSON...If you have not, check it out you might be surprised! I surely was...
Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnbump, those wheels look nice on the box, I came across those not too long ago and kept them in the "possible" pile.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just tried to post some pics I have on google picasa an the code showed but no images. What did I do wrong?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member

Here are a couple of quick photos of mine.

Also, a question for you RS 4 owners. Are all of your interior LEDs the same color as you switch through the colors? My passenger side cup holder is the same as the other three for a few colors but is then either a different color for some others. When all of the others are red it is off completely. I've told the service guys about it twice while having the satellie radio installed and again when the iPod was installed but they said "oh...it is supposed to be like that". I think they are BSing me but I wanted to check with y'all first before I get angry at them.

Man...we sure do love this thing. New wheels go on it this week and wheel well/underbody LEDs next weekend.

Troy

Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by damnbump
well here is my rs4 with bsa 367 17's with 205/40's..

Man these look like 20's
Old 12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by sindigo
Also, a question for you RS 4 owners. Are all of your interior LEDs the same color as you switch through the colors? My passenger side cup holder is the same as the other three for a few colors but is then either a different color for some others. When all of the others are red it is off completely.
Mine does the same thing. I hate it.
I'd like to find out if all the kits act like this or just a couple.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my underdash/cupholder light kit doesnt do that they all stay on throughout the whole cycle.the problem with yours is the red led in the passenger side cupholder is not working.they use three led's to make the different color combo's so that why the passenger side cupholder shows different colors when the red led is needed and then its out when its just red only.tell the dealer that it is the problem and that one light needs replaced.

Thanks everybody for the kind words about my box.The thing that is driving my girlfriend and all my friends crazy about me and this one is I cant quit looking at it,because everytime I look at it I see a different color combinations
Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by damnbump
my underdash/cupholder light kit doesnt do that they all stay on throughout the whole cycle.the problem with yours is the red led in the passenger side cupholder is not working.they use three led's to make the different color combo's so that why the passenger side cupholder shows different colors when the red led is needed and then its out when its just red only.tell the dealer that it is the problem and that one light needs replaced.
Thanks!! I'll call the dealer tomorrow and tell them that the cupholder LED needs to be replaced.

Troy
Old 12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member

My RS4.0 LEDs work perfectly. All the same color all the same time. If yours are different colors, I would definitely make the dealer fix them. I would suggest checking the polarity of the misbehaving LED. That is usually the culprit in this case.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We just got ours off the truck about 2 hours ago, and all I got to say is w-o-w.. Just wait till you see the color in person before you pass judgement. The shifting color is wicked.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just wait till you see the color in person before you pass judgement. The shifting color is wicked.
That's it.

I made a very ame phone video. Its been over cast every time I try to get the sun to pop that paint. Don't flog me. I'll make a better one soon. Untill then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrlZ0Iw54E
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it shows up some in the video thank you for at least trying
Old 12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

that is one sick ride rob i think i just creamed on my self cant wait to see it in ames
Old 12-14-2006, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Driver_Lost
Just wait till you see the color in person before you pass judgement. The shifting color is wicked.
That's it.

I made a very ame phone video. Its been over cast every time I try to get the sun to pop that paint. Don't flog me. I'll make a better one soon. Untill then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrlZ0Iw54E
Cool video.

I actually find overcast/dusk really bring the colors out in mine. The purple in it really comes through then. Looking at it straight on the front bumper/grill area will be purple and the hood will be this cool green color.

Troy
Old 12-14-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i was at the dealership and they had one in the show room. man that paint is sick. and i think some Work DH's would look sweet.

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 Show off here