Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

06 xB A/C blowing warm "again" Please Help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member

Default 06 xB A/C blowing warm "again" Please Help..

OK let me tell the whole story. It may not be related but ALL the info helps.
My A/C started blowing slightly warm 6 months ago and was just a bit low on Freon. I charged it and all was good. Started doing it again last month so I charged it again. Did not overcharge. .9lbs After just a couple minutes of driving the compressor clutch blew off.
After checking compressor found retaining ring for the shaft broke. Don't feel that was related. Replaced the compressor and a/c blew warm. Found no power to the compressor from the amplifier. Jumped power at the amp and all was good.

Now the new issue. Intermittently A/C started blowing warm. I could shut the engine down and restart and it would go back to cold. Issue worsened and now is blowing hot all the time. Charge is good. Low side pressure it at 90 psi. Condenser fan is not working. Relays and fuses good.
Condenser fan resistor ohmed out good. Found power from the ecu but no power from the amplifier to the cooling fan. Assuming its the amp but just want to be sure$$$. Oh also good power to the compressor. Both cooling fan wires are ground right now. Compressor power is still jumped at the amp.
A/C light comes on fine. The fan does work with power probe. Connections seem good with no corrosion anywhere. That's all the info I know to give ya'll. I hope you can help me. Florida summer it coming. YUCK!!! Thanks for reading.

_________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-07-2019 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 06 xB A/C problem

Sorry to hear you're having A/C troubles.

Sounds like it's the amp. You've replaced your A/C compressor and your freon is charged but no power from the amp. Hopefully won't cost you too much to replace. Good luck bro.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Condensor fan only runs if the high side has excess pressure/temperature so it does not turn on right away especially if you're moving and getting a breeze to the condenser.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM

Hi! My car is doing the exact same thing and my mechanic can't figure it out. Did you ever solve the problem?! Please answer either way. I am totally broke right now and can't afford to keep spending money on this thing and not having it fixed