Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Squeak/chirp in dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:03 PM

Default Squeak/chirp in dash

Hey XB'ers, not sure if anyone has had this happen to your Toaster yet, but in the last couple months at least once when going from point A to point B, there has been a chirp/squeak coming from behind the dash, vent #2 and below cluster area. It isn't loud, but can't figure out what or where it exactly is.

For the record I have a 2006 manual XB 160k miles.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:29 AM

Default Speedometer not working.

Hey guys, new here. I have a 04 Scion xB stick shift, it’s literally 19 degrees where I’m from on December 14th 2022. Went outside and started my car and half way to work noticed my speedometer wasn’t showing me how fast I was going, my rpm’s and fuel gauge was working but not my speedometer. I’m trying to figure out where I should check first since it’s the holiday season and I got 5 kids so dealership wouldn’t be an option or a mechanic. Doing it myself. Thank you have a good day
Old 12-14-2022, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Originally Posted by Biancaenette
Hey guys, new here. I have a 04 Scion xB stick shift, it’s literally 19 degrees where I’m from on December 14th 2022. Went outside and started my car and half way to work noticed my speedometer wasn’t showing me how fast I was going, my rpm’s and fuel gauge was working but not my speedometer. I’m trying to figure out where I should check first since it’s the holiday season and I got 5 kids so dealership wouldn’t be an option or a mechanic. Doing it myself. Thank you have a good day
You are likely far better off creating a separate post for your specific issue instead of posting in an existing thread that has nothing to do with your issue, plus it's just bad form to essentially 'hijack' someone else's thread.

You can create a new post in the appropriate forum or I can move your existing post...your call.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MileHightC
You are likely far better off creating a separate post for your specific issue instead of posting in an existing thread that has nothing to do with your issue, plus it's just bad form to essentially 'hijack' someone else's thread.

You can create a new post in the appropriate forum or I can move your existing post...your call.
I’m sorry, I don’t know how to make a new post. I’ve tried looking and couldn’t find a way. If you could please tell me that would be nice if you. Thank you
Old 12-14-2022, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

When you go into a forum you'll see a button that says '+ New Thread'...push that and you are on your way.