Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Tips and tricks for 1st Gen Scion xB? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/tips-tricks-1st-gen-scion-xb-224485/)

Gabrius 08-12-2013 06:53 AM

Tips and tricks for 1st Gen Scion xB?

Selling my wife's MKV Jetta and planning on getting a Scion xB first gen for the gas mileage.

Anyone have some tips on things to look for things that are good or bad when purchasing a 1st Gen xB?

Also what would you say are the top 10 mods to do to a xB after purchasing?

______

ajcadoo 08-14-2013 03:07 AM

Top ten mods? Check my sig.

Gabrius 08-14-2013 03:08 AM

Link by chance? I'm on tapatalk and can't see sigs

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

T_J 08-14-2013 05:45 PM

Welcome (well, almost)! As far as mods, that's up to the individual. Obviously, most people start with wheels, suspension, intake/exhaust, & audio. Just be careful, it's addictive. For me, I've had my Gen 1 going on 6 years & 130k miles. I've gone through 3 sets of wheels, 3 sets of suspension, & a ton of other changes. I'm on air now, & couldn't be happier. Wish I had gone this route in the beginning...would have saved a lot of $$ & headaches. I don't follow any one trend or way of thinking. I'm not big on flash, & I'm not a JDM whore. Nothing wrong with either of those routes, just not my thing. I'm pretty happy with my box at this point, though I am still looking to get a lip kit, custom paint, and upgrade the interior further before I will feel truly "done". I've had a ton of rides in my lifetime, and I dunno why, but I just love this dumb thing & will probably never get rid of it. At any rate, good luck & happy mod'ing...//TJ

Cooopon 08-14-2013 06:10 PM

car fax is imperative, check the oil for color (although most people are smart enough to change the oil b4 selling, see if the car idles smooth, drive it, check for suspension noise etc.....helps to have an experienced car person with u though

ajcadoo 08-16-2013 12:52 AM

DC Headers | Fujita SRI | TRD Exhaust | Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar | 8000K HID JDM Fog Lights
15" MB Wheels: Drifter Gloss Black | IPCW Euro LED Tails | IPCW Projector Fronts with Angels
FlowLighting Blaze 7 Underglow | 12" Kenwood Sub w/ 1800W Class D Amp | Neo iPhone Adapter | LED Dome
JDM Window Visors | Rostra Cruise Control | Aftermarket Front Bumper Grilles | eTrailer.com Custom Tow Hitch Kit

VetteMoto 08-19-2013 04:54 PM

From what I was able to gather, the Gen 1 xB is a very dependable car like the Corolla. The 1.5l VVTi is as good as it gets when it comes to MPG, durability, and reliability.

Good choice on selling the Jetta. I've actually sold my Jetta TDI for an xB. The TDI was great on MPG, but all fuel savings was offset by repairing things that shouldn't be failing.

I was fed up with it and went back to Japanese. I missed my Paseo which needed nothing for 100,000+ miles except oil and tires.

_____

T_J 08-28-2013 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by VetteMoto (Post 4123221)
From what I was able to gather, the gen 1 xb is a very dependable car like the Corolla. The 1.5l vvti is as good as it gets when it comes to MPG, durability, and reliability.

Good choice on selling the Jetta. I've actually sold my Jetta TDI for an xb. The TDI was great on MPG, but all fuel savings was offset by repairing things that shouldn't be failing. I was fed up with it and went back to Japanese. I missed my Paseo which needed nothing for 100,000+ miles except oil and tires.

Ahhh, the added cost of owning German! I love VW's & just got rid of a stage 3- s4, but I do love the dependability of Toyota. In fact, of my 4 current vehicles, 3 are Toyotas (Lexus, Scion, & Toyota). I'll do another VW/Audi at some point, but for now I'm still loving the xB & have my hands full with the GS. I do miss having the Audi in the garage, but I sure as hell don't miss the co$t of ownership...//TJ

04BoomBox 01-01-2021 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by ajcadoo (Post 4122859)
DC Headers | Fujita SRI | TRD Exhaust | Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar | 8000K HID JDM Fog Lights
15" MB Wheels: Drifter Gloss Black | IPCW Euro LED Tails | IPCW Projector Fronts with Angels
FlowLighting Blaze 7 Underglow | 12" Kenwood Sub w/ 1800W Class D Amp | Neo iPhone Adapter | LED Dome
JDM Window Visors | Rostra Cruise Control | Aftermarket Front Bumper Grilles | eTrailer.com Custom Tow Hitch Kit

i am curious, because i dont know ____ about audio, if i should be using more wattage? I am running 2 12s kenwood with 1 - 800 watt crunch amp. My system thumps but i was expecting more..