Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Towing eyelet??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Towing eyelet??

When do the "Towing Eyelets" come into play?? I got this car as a gift, and it has no eyelets -do I really need them and why???They are on page 165 of the manual, but that's all I have, not the whole manual!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 PM

Default Jack tools and th cover they are installed on:

I was gifted 1 2005 xB - the jack is there under the seat but the cover over the well is gone, as are the jack handle, lug wrench , tow eye - I can't seem to find anyone selling anu of that except one selling a jack crank for $26 - I wwould hate to have to "Report to my nearest authorized Scion dealer", like it says in the Mercedes owner's manual. Also, do I really need a tow eyelet ? or is it possible for a tow drier to hook on underneath to winch onto a tilt truck??
Old 06-25-2017, 12:17 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

I used to own a 2006 xB for 9 years.

Your can find a similar jack handle/lug wrench shopping online or eBay.

The tow hook/eyelet is not mandatory. Most tow trucks here in NorCal have a 'claw' they use.
Or in some emergencies they can send a winch truck and hook you up underneath.

MR_LUV

Originally Posted by OldRodRunner
I was gifted 1 2005 xB - the jack is there under the seat but the cover over the well is gone, as are the jack handle, lug wrench , tow eye - I can't seem to find anyone selling anu of that except one selling a jack crank for $26 - I wwould hate to have to "Report to my nearest authorized Scion dealer", like it says in the Mercedes owner's manual. Also, do I really need a tow eyelet ? or is it possible for a tow drier to hook on underneath to winch onto a tilt truck??
Old 06-25-2017, 01:27 PM

One the lower front grill, driver side. There is a small portion that pops out so that you can screw the eyelet in. Also on the back bumper, driver side there is a small square that pops out to install back there.
This is just for when you need towed to keep from damaging the bumpers. The tow eyelet should be located with the spare tire in the rear of your xB.

_________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-11-2019 at 01:35 PM.