Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   What Toyota cassette decks fit the Scion xb (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/what-toyota-cassette-decks-fit-scion-xb-8031/)

scionmikel 07-30-2004 06:59 PM

What Toyota cassette decks fit the Scion xb

Will any Toyota radio cd cassette decks fit the Scion xb? I really want to play tape cassettes in my xb. Will the Matrix or Sienna cassette cd decks fit?

PolarScionXB 07-30-2004 11:44 PM

Whats a tape cassette is that like an 8 track player. :D Maybe the dealer has an option for you. If the Matrix is a double din size I don't see why it wouldn't work. Peace

fr130 07-31-2004 12:00 AM

Check out the current camry w/cassette option as well. Or the RAV4 Deluxe 3-1 AM/FM/CD/Cassette. Not sure if it's Double Din though. Ask your local toyota parts shop for a specifica answer. Remember non of the current Toyota audio systems play MP3s.

scionmikel 08-17-2004 06:08 PM

Toyota Radios

I installed a Toyota cd/cassette player from a 2000 Celica and it fit perfectly.

fireballfish 08-17-2004 07:04 PM

Re: What Toyota cassette decks fit the Scion xb

Originally Posted by scionmikel
Will any Toyota radio cd cassette decks fit the Scion xb? I really want to play tape cassettes in my xb. Will the Matrix or Sienna cassette cd decks fit?

Not to be rude, but WHY? :shock: Isn't it SO much easier to burn a cd (and quicker)? Are you set on a stock HU? Maybe you could go with a old alpine tape deck. I'm sure you could find one on ebay WAY CHEAP. Post pics when you decide and get everything done, I always like to see what people do with their stereos.

bB86gts 08-18-2004 08:37 AM

toyota highlander, camry, celica, rav 4 and possibly 4runner from 99 and up should fit, as long as its a double din...but again, as everyone is stating, why cassette?? you must have a massive cassette collection or something...if its because you want to integrate an Ipod or xm radio to your rig, there are other ways to go upon it..
jus mah two cents..
jp

Sid_xBicious 08-18-2004 08:53 AM

sorry to jack the thread but, thus anybody knows some sort of hardware and software that can transfer cassette tape signal to CD? I have some old studio recorded music/garage recorded music of my old band wayback in 80's in PI that I want to listen in my car too.
thanks,

elemcee 08-18-2004 02:18 PM

Cassette to CD

Sid:

I'm pretty sure Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator or Toast (for the Mac) can do that. Never tried it, though.

chucksu 08-18-2004 02:32 PM

Re: What Toyota cassette decks fit the Scion xb

Originally Posted by scionmikel

Trade your deck to a guy with a tape deck in his echo. :wink:

Sid_xBicious 08-18-2004 04:22 PM

Re: Cassette to CD

Originally Posted by elemcee
Sid:

I'm pretty sure Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator or Toast (for the Mac) can do that. Never tried it, though.

please educate me more. Roxio use to be adaptec right? i have the disk, but how about hardware?i have a cassete player with line out, so just connect it to pc line in?

Rice4you 08-18-2004 05:14 PM

What's a Cassette? :?:

elemcee 08-18-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Cassette to CD

Originally Posted by Sid_xBicious
please educate me more. Roxio use to be adaptec right? i have the disk, but how about hardware?i have a cassete player with line out, so just connect it to pc line in?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Roxio was Adaptec.

Check out "How to Record Analog Audio" under "Audio Central" on this page: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/tuto...rial_toc.jhtml

I'm pretty sure you just plug the cassette player into your soundcard. Like I said, though, I've never actually tried it. Good luck!