Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Who makes these.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Who makes these.....

Ok, so yesterday I backed into my girlfriends car and broke my rear bumper cover. I get on craigslist and find these for sale. I only needed the rear bumper, but the seller wouldn't separate the pair. I buy them and bring them home. I start looking online for the matching side skirts, but can't find any kits that look like these bumper covers. Anybody have any idea who makes these? The only info I have on these pieces are:

"Front Bumper 2491" and "Rear Bumper 2493".

I googled everything I could think of and came up empty handed. If I can't find the matching side skirts, I am just gonna resell them to make my money back.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

It would sure help if you were to ►►put your Vehicle in the Garage, State your Year or Create an Album or Add it to your Signature◄◄

If if I knew the Year, I can try and get the Part No. then maybe a pic or diagram.

No Guarantees.

It is Highly Advisable that ALL Members do that. You will Increase your Chances of a Reply to your Questions.
Many Questions go Unanswered because there are No Mind Readers, here.
There are differences in Model Year's depending on Which Model, Which Type, Which Year & Part Numbers.

Also once you Add a Vehicle to your Garage, you can then Create a Album for your Sweet Ride.
Or if you prefer, you can state your Car and Year in each Question or Add it to your Signature.

MR_LUV
Super Moderator
Scion Life

Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

2005 xB Base automatic
Found the info on the body kit pieces.
◄◄try Clicking on the link under Thread Starter
Manufacturer: Andy's Auto Sport
Retailer: Driven By Style (located in Sacramento, California).
Body Kit Model Name: "Octane"

Prices:
Front bumper cover: $321
Rear bumper cover: $321
Side skirts: $275 (pair)

2004-2007 Scion xB Side Skirts Catalog

I've tried adding info to My Garage, but for some reason, it wont display.
try Clicking on the link under Thread Starter

Will add info to my Signature.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-18-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Just as an Suggestion. Think 'out of the box'.

Does it have to be the Exact Side Skirts?

Consider these Side Skirts:
2005 Scion xB Side Skirts

If it fits and flows with front & rear bumper, Does your car know the difference between $275 vs $71 Side Skirts?

Just something to consider. Worth a look.

MR_LUV

Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
Just as an Suggestion. Think 'out of the box'.

Does it have to be the Exact Side Skirts?

Consider these Side Skirts:
2005 Scion xB Side Skirts

If it fits and flows with front & rear bumper, Does your car know the difference between $275 vs $71 Side Skirts?

Just something to consider. Worth a look.

MR_LUV

I like the price. $71.....I love the price.

Today I mounted the front and rear bumpers. I bought some narrow straps of aluminum and cut the straps into 'strengthening braces' to secure the covers to my Box. The covers are SUPER SOLID now. My only concern is that (now) in the event that they kiss a parking block or speed bump, they will crack. I think I am going to make some 'Z' shaped braces for the bottom of the covers so that they will have a little flex to them.

Got all holes drilled.....I'm using nylock nuts to prevent them from coming loose and flat washers to spread out the pressure load of the tightened nuts/bolts on the fiberglass.......next step is to remove the covers and drop them off at my friends body shop. He said he will repair a crack in the front cover and get them both ready for paint for a total cost of $150.......DIRT Cheap.

My buddy said he wouldn't want to paint match the pieces because the car already looks like some of the panels have already been paint matched and they are already showing discoloration between the different body panels. Anyhow.....

I spoke to another shop and they said ther would respray the covers "2 stage gloss black" for $100 after my buddy preps them.

So now I'm thinking I should just "black out" my car. It doesn't look bad with the black accents on it right now......plus the black covers look like they are part of the theme......they just need to look good again.

Thinking black out the mirrors, the door handles, the 'Scion' emblems, the rear tail lights. Hmm.......

Now all that hard work I did last week installing LED fog lights is all for naught.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

The "black out" look or theme is a Idea

I would Suggest a black wrap on the hood, paint or plasti-dip the grill & emblem black. Along with the mirrors, door handles, & tail lights.
Maybe, even wrap the roof like danipants13's RS3.0: danipant's RS3 w/Black wrap Hood & Roof

The Silver and Black never hurt The Raiders.

If I was a rabid Raiders fan, I would Limo Tint the rear window (if not already) & put a big Raiders logo there.

You would be Very Popular during The Raiders tail gate parties at O. co Coliseum. In fact, you may get offers on your car.

My LUV MOBILE/BAT MOBILE/GIANTS MOBILE I Promise gets a Lot of attention at the S.F. Giants AT&T Park

MR_LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-19-2017 at 04:03 AM.