Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Wide rear view mirrors??? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/wide-rear-view-mirrors-873/)

G-Force 12-09-2003 09:21 AM

http://www.247motoring.com/shop/shop...w74-84&client=

12-09-2003 06:58 PM

yeah I am pretty sure it is 300mm, I rarely use the visors anyway. They don't cost that much and You get a different perspective of your ride when you use it too. Very easy install, very easy to clean, and they do not weigh that much so no strain on your mirror. :D

1sikxb 12-09-2003 09:12 PM

Go old school and install a Wink Mirror. Look for em at WWW.JCW.COM

1sikxb 12-09-2003 09:44 PM

I just ordered one from 24/7 (Gforce posted) I would hope you cant go wrong for $13.00 shipped. I will let ya know how I like it. If I dont you will see it in the classifieds for $7.99+S&H

arinvolvo 12-09-2003 10:53 PM

I actually found a broadway brand mirror here in town today. Apparently las vegas had aquired a CNC motorsports that I was unaware of...

It was 20 bucks even...no tax...and I like it....a lot actually...it is a 270mm.

12-09-2003 10:56 PM

different perspective, isn't it? How does it feel to drive around not have a blind spot? :D And does the CNC shop got any other stuff that we can use?

arinvolvo 12-09-2003 11:05 PM

Not really...they carry a bunch of generic stuff...and if you dont have an acura or honda, then you are kinda out of luck...

The guy said he had SCION sprint springs in stock...but i already have TRDs...and they have a large selection of japanese imported headlights and whatnot.

lots of cheap looking pedal covers...and lots of seatbelt shoulder pads.. :roll:

Not an overly impressive store...but by far the most comprehensive "tuner" store in vegas.

JDMxB 12-10-2003 06:36 PM

Whatever you guys do, do not get the convex ones.

They distort your depth perception so badly it's not even funny.

I had a long ___ one in my integra--it was fine, unless you like keeping the functionality of your visors, like others have mentioned.

I think a 240 size will fit and still have room to fold the visors in a Scion.

And that cell phone alert one probably works--there are a lot of small devices like air fresheners that have a little cellular sensor built in...but I've never had a problem hearing my phone while driving...

So cal, these mirror things are 10-14 bux everywhere.

arinvolvo 12-11-2003 07:52 AM

Oh, i just remembered one other thing that made me not like that place (CNC)...

The greasy poser who worked there said that their store-owned Element would kill my scion...which i aint saying it wouldnt....but i just hate people who say this ir that will beat whatever.

AND to top it all off...he referred to my TRD lowering springs, as a TWO FINGER DROP...

I wanted to two finger drop kick him in the head after that. I payed for my mirror, keyed his element, and left....

I didnt really key his element....or pay for the mirror. :twisted:

just kidding...i actually did key it.

EcksBee 12-12-2003 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by arinvolvo
Oh, i just remembered one other thing that made me not like that place (CNC)...

The greasy poser who worked there said that their store-owned Element would kill my scion...which i aint saying it wouldnt....but i just hate people who say this ir that will beat whatever.

AND to top it all off...he referred to my TRD lowering springs, as a TWO FINGER DROP...

I wanted to two finger drop kick him in the head after that. I payed for my mirror, keyed his element, and left....

I didnt really key his element....or pay for the mirror. :twisted:

just kidding...i actually did key it.

just as long you didn't finger him you're ok,..not to get off the subject my roommate went to a shop in walnut yesterday and the guy there is charging 140 for an injen intake , this includes installation.. he said that name of the store is D2..has anyone ever heard of this shop?? i'm checking it out this weekend to see if he is bullshizznitting.....

obz 12-12-2003 02:10 PM

Keep us posted, when I'm back there I may have to swing my 'future' xB by and stick one in if it's that cheap!

arinvolvo 12-12-2003 06:46 PM

it could be that they are only charging that price for a certain model that they have overstock of...such as a Civic fitment...or something like that.

xvolcomx88 12-17-2003 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by DibujoB
I've got the broadway in mine...love it! It works really well, and it doubles as a conversation mirror if you've got people in the back seat. Tons of visibility.

How much did u pay for your broadway mirror? i'm thinkin about getttin one.

1sikxb 12-17-2003 03:31 PM

www.247motoring.com- I ordered one from them for $7.00 after shipping it was something like $12.00. I got it in a couple of days. I love it. For the $$ it cant be beat.

1sikxb 12-17-2003 03:45 PM

Ew, I just checked their site- they raised their prices. They are gettin $10.00 per. Thats, in my opinion, still not a bad price for somethin that makes a difference while drivin.

DirtyThirty 12-19-2003 12:03 AM

I have a snap on wide rear view mirror. It is slightly curved so that you can see more. It looks cool but the problem is that things look father than they really are and its hard to determine especially at night if there is a cop behind you. Sometimes you need to know. I'm up in the air if i like it.

hatchbox 12-19-2003 05:51 AM

i went the full circle on those clip on mirrors. i thought it would enhance my rear view but ot ended up blocking my sun visors. still kept it up until i noticed that it vibrated a lot when i was driving. all in all i think i'd better with a full mirror replacement or stick with stock (which is still more than adequate enough IMO)

JDMxB 12-19-2003 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyThirty
I have a snap on wide rear view mirror. It is slightly curved so that you can see more. It looks cool but the problem is that things look father than they really are and its hard to determine especially at night if there is a cop behind you. Sometimes you need to know. I'm up in the air if i like it.

Like I said for all prospective buyers in a previous post--DO NOT GET A CONVEX ONE!!!!!!!!