Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xB alarm going off, all lights flashing, etc. Please help!

Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM

Default xB alarm going off, all lights flashing, etc. Please help!

Hello! This morning I hit the unlock on my key fab and all the lights were flashing and horn/alarm going off. Finally got it to stop by non stop hitting unlock. Got in my car and tried to turn it on, nothing. Just lights flashing and horn going off. Hit unlock again on key fab, stopped. Went under the hood and cleaned the acid corrosion on one of the terminals, hooked it back up. Car started...kind of weak...but no lights/horns. Went to work fine. Got into my car to leave, weak start and lights/horn going off. It eventually stopped. Drive home, hit a bump lights/horn going off while driving. It eventually stops when I hit the unlock key fab. Now I know my battery is about 5 years old so is this a weak battery?? Please help! Driving around like this is insane.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-31-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-03-2017, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Battery could be bad if you live in a hot zone - along south coast of USA. Go to Autozone or similar and get the battery tested - it's free.
The corrosion is not good, most likely caused by acid leaking out around the battery posts. Baking soda and water can neutralize that a bit, but won't fix the underlying issue. Unfortunately, my experience with autozone batteries is that they leak around the battery posts - just starting and experiment with an everstart battery from walmart, to see if they are better
Old 09-03-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks! Yeah turned out to be a bad battery. Popped a new one in, all good!

Search this Thread