Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   xB offroad (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/xb-offroad-14836/)

XSTC 12-21-2004 02:11 PM

xB offroad

has anyone noticed the resemblence between the body style of an xB and a Jeep Wrangler? i think a scion with some gold daytons on some huge mudders might look pretty dank. does anyone have any information on a lift kit for an Xb?

Milhamscion 12-21-2004 02:17 PM

Do you really think 108 hp could turn "huge mudders" ? Talk about comprimising performance!!

Joehnn 12-21-2004 02:17 PM

Re: xB offroad

Originally Posted by XSTC
has anyone noticed the resemblence between the body style of an xB and a Jeep Wrangler? i think a scion with some gold daytons on some huge mudders might look pretty dank. does anyone have any information on a lift kit for an Xb?

I don't think you a hick, but not my style. To each is own. I don't like them dropped to the ground either.

Everyone has their own style. That is whats great about the xB. :wink:

DJ_X_Trodinaire 12-21-2004 02:18 PM

no resemblance at all....

i smell a troll!!

rallyxb 12-21-2004 06:15 PM

Re: xB offroad

Originally Posted by XSTC

My buddy owns a green Jeep Wrangler.
One day we parked them side-by side and noticed that
the dimensions were almost identical. He jokingly called it mine an "Urban Jeep"

As for monster tires, etc. I don't think so.
However as for making it more SUV-like read this thread:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...696&highlight=

the_saint 12-21-2004 06:47 PM

To me they resemble the older Isuzu Troopers.

matt_a 12-21-2004 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by KrAuSeScIoN
Do you really think 108 hp could turn "huge mudders" ? Talk about comprimising performance!!

^^What he said.

K9_Crate 12-21-2004 06:58 PM

I think the xB resembles a Chevy Aerostar Van, myself. :-)

phinz 12-21-2004 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by K9 Crate
I think the xB resembles a Chevy Aerostar Van, myself. :-)

Chevy *Astro* or *Ford* Aerostar? :lol:

Big_Jim 12-21-2004 07:50 PM

lol, xb on mudders. the car barely gets out of its own way now. how would it react with some 36" mickey thompsons on it. lol

jynx 12-22-2004 04:29 AM

i took my scion down the dirt logging roads up in maine that they where running the pro rally on. Its handled the dirt very well at 60+mph

:)

nest 12-22-2004 06:19 AM

Sure, you could turn big mudders, I guess. Just call Toyota up and tell them you need a 6.11 final drive! LOL

George 12-22-2004 07:16 AM

I wouldn' t mind if TRD would put out a "rally suspension" package for the xB like Nissan did for the early 510. Give the car about 2 inches of lift. Nissan got a lot of marketing bang for the buck out of the 510, which was the rally privateers' choice for many years due to Nissan's making the good parts available.

Will they do it? Probably not, since the primary focus of TRD seems to be stickers, not performance.

rallyxb 12-23-2004 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by George
I wouldn' t mind if TRD would put out a "rally suspension" package for the xB like Nissan did for the early 510. Give the car about 2 inches of lift. Nissan got a lot of marketing bang for the buck out of the 510, which was the rally privateers' choice for many years due to Nissan's making the good parts available...

Now your talking!
Wish they made rally parts for the xB!
Now that would be a lot of fun!
8)

Da_BoX 12-23-2004 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by matt_a

Originally Posted by KrAuSeScIoN

^^What he said.

^^ What they said.