Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

2010 Scion XB got it royaly

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2010 Scion XB got it royaly

hey guys, its been awhile since i checked in..
So my near perfect XB got backed into on the drivers door and the jerk didnt even leave a note. Altho most of it popped out and its hard to see any damage, the power window will go down only 3/4 normally then starts to push in on the interior plastic panel inside and slows to a stop. There are no grinding or rubbing noises and i have had no problems with the window prior to this. Anyone out there take there door apart or have pics they can share or any advice on if this is easy to repair. im pretty handy and have opened door panels before for service the insides.
To make matters worse, I take my mom out for her birthday and in just 10 min time after going inside , someone stole my right rear wheel cover.
I found one on ebay as im in a hurry to replace it as its really ugly w/o it.
Thanx Guys and happy holidays to all :-)
Old 11-24-2014, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks to hear! had that happen to my gen 1 box - someone backed into the driver side front bumper so hard, it cracked the bumper and bent the fender. same thing, person did not leave a note so F them.

i was first ____ed as hell but then im like, you know what, this is a 14k car and the parts are gonna be maybe 800 tops installed. so then i actually drove around the car like that without fixing them.

i always planned on fixing them but never got around to it. i even traded the car in "as is" without fixing the probs LOL. but this is one of the biggest advantages of having a nice, cheap, reliable car - you can park it anywhere and if some jerk some something to it, you're out a few hundred dollars and not out thousands like if someone had done to your mercedes.

/rant :D

on a serious note, check out craigslist as well. sometimes people part out "wrecked" xb's that may have the parts you are looking for as opposed to going through fleabay or paying through the nose at a dealer. just a thought.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet that the lower widow track was pushed in as well and you are possibly hitting the basket for the door speaker, or the wire harness for the door was pushed in the way. Open the door and take out the speaker then run the window down to see what is getting in the way and where. It should be very simple to spot and put back into place.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey Guys thanks for the input, sorry to hear it happened to one of you!
Hoping someone else can maybe get something out of the post, when i popped the inner door panel open and vapor barrier to see whats going on you can clearly see a large piece of white foam attached by a bolt to a metal bracket. that metal bracket was bent inward so i used my thumb to gently push it back into position, reattached the foam block and tested the window. It works perfectly again :-)) While in there I lubed the window regulator track and pivot points, reassembled the door and i was back in business. Since this is the second time this has happened while parked in front of my home I'm going to install a security cam with dvr and if im unlucky enough for it to happen again, this time they are gonna get nailed!
As far as the wheel cover, I got one in decent shape from a salvage yard for under 30 bucks.
It could have been worse but i tried to make lemonade out of lemons and it didnt taste to bad :-)
Thanx again and take care everyone!