Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

LOCK LOCK LOCKKKKKK

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Default LOCK LOCK LOCKKKKKK

hello people i recently purchased a cf hood from SEIBON and ive came across some dumb and unexpected issues.

1) the screws they provided are awfully small and i needed to go buy washers just to make it fit in the factory hinges!

2) it came with holes for the sprinklers but not holes to run the wire through it....?? WTF

3) AND MOST IMPORTANT......the hood does NOT close after perfect alignment or any fitting for that matter...i believe that the problem comes under the hinge where there is no hole for the hook to go into....this is what a stock hood looks like

and this is what a SEIBON hood looks like

no hole no nothing and as you can see after trying to close it i have created a little scratch directly under the hinge!

any help would be appreciated.....i have contacted both the eBay seller and SEIBON and im awaiting their response....i have faith in you people though...so please share the knowledge!
thanks

awesome hood though nontheless
Old 10-30-2008, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: **please help!!! SEIBON CF HOOD issues! pix inside!**

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
hello people i recently purchased a cf hood from SEIBON and ive came across some dumb and unexpected issues.

1) the screws they provided are awfully small and i needed to go buy washers just to make it fit in the factory hinges!

2) it came with holes for the sprinklers but not holes to run the wire through it....?? WTF

3) AND MOST IMPORTANT......the hood does NOT close after perfect alignment or any fitting for that matter...i believe that the problem comes under the hinge where there is no hole for the hook to go into....this is what a stock hood looks like

and this is what a SEIBON hood looks like

no hole no nothing and as you can see after trying to close it i have created a little scratch directly under the hinge!

any help would be appreciated.....i have contacted both the eBay seller and SEIBON and im awaiting their response....i have faith in you people though...so please share the knowledge!
thanks

awesome hood though nontheless
1) you should be able to re-use the stock bolt.

2) the hoses arent run through the hood they run under the heat sheild that you should be able to transfer from the stock hood.

3) looks like you dont have an adjustable hood latch.. see if you can reach through the hole where you transfered the plastic piece
Old 10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I responded in your other post. Let me see what I can find out for you.
I do not see a Seibon badge on it at all. Where did you get it at?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:12 PM

i had the same issues with mine...you think for the money it would be engineered just a bit better, you have to dril out the heat shield holes and the underbody of the hood is made of garbage. there was another hood that had a carbon underbody construction, but i bought the seibon one because of the name! Mine also did not come with a badge or anything, it came in a seibon box but there wasn't ____ from seibon, no care instructions or anything!!!