Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2011 New xB Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:08 AM

Default 2011 New xB Owner

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. Sold my 03 Ram 1500 and bought a Scion xB knowing that a Toyota would last a while compared to what I had before (even though that truck had over 200k miles on it).

Anyways, I was curious to see what kinds of problems everyone's had with their xB's on here. Hadn't had mine for a week yet and it I'm liking it very much compared to what I had before. I know that these engines have a oil consumption problem, but that seems to be about it. Mine has just over 40k miles on it. I wasn't sure as to what everyone else has seen with these motors. I do tons of traveling (at least 1k miles a week). I almost always use full synthetic oil in my vehicles (I don't play around with oil changes or maintenance).

Don't mean to start a new thread. I was just curious as to what everyone else has experienced with theirs. I hadn't learned about the oil consumption issue until after I bought the car.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oil consumption and passenger front air bag recall are about the only issues for the 2011 model. Just keep you eye on the oil level, consumption doesn't usually kick in until around 60-80K miles and is covered up to 150K. The passenger airbag is part of the massive Takata recall and covers multiple brands and models. Just call your local dealer to get on the list for replacement.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greg S
Oil consumption and passenger front air bag recall are about the only issues for the 2011 model. Just keep you eye on the oil level, consumption doesn't usually kick in until around 60-80K miles and is covered up to 150K. The passenger airbag is part of the massive Takata recall and covers multiple brands and models. Just call your local dealer to get on the list for replacement.
Thanks. I'm planning on getting the airbag done soon. Didn't know if I should have them do the piston rings as well once it hits that mark. I've seen hit or miss with everyone having that done. I'm not even sure they would even perform the work on mine being 6 years old or if it would even be covered.