Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2013 xB Balance Shaft bearings gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:03 AM

Default 2013 xB Balance Shaft bearings gone

so I have a problem my 2013 xB has been burning oil, b4 my oil change was do. so I would add about 2qt when it need it. About 2 days ago I noticed my oil light flicker so I check my oil and nothing . This time it was strange I had just added 2qts 2weeks prior so I start to look online to see if anyone has had this problem and I found out there was a problem with older models. I saw some where that Toyota had fixed this issue by changing out the piston ring on the new model. so I went ahead and just did the oil change instead but now the was a nose coming from the bottom of the motor so I took the oil pan off and the balance shaft bearing are gone can I just leave it of or is there something I have to do I would put it back with new bearing but one was so bad that it shave of some on the top and I don't want to take off the whole housing any suggestions I don't want to take it to the dealer because my car has 79k and they will rip me off thanx guy in advance

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-19-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll need to plug the oil passage, but yes you can just remove them.

Here is a DIY from Toyotanation for doing it;

DIY: Remove your balance shafts - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums