Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Headers and CEL's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Headers and CEL's?

Hi Folks,

I'm new to all the modding of cars, but I am going to jump in with both feet since buying my xB2 close to a month ago. I've already added a TRD CAI, and am now about ready to have a Strup header installed (Just got it yesterday). Am I going to have these CEL problems that I've been reading about. I know the header came with something for this, but I've also read from some people here that the Strup one is not good enough and they had to buy a weapon-r one?

My heads spinning from all the new info. Advice anyone?

Did I mention I'm NEW at this stuff, although my local dealer is installing stuff for me.
(Rodland in Everett WA.)
Old 06-17-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well not to sure about the xb ones but for the tc when i put the header on i got the check engine light and well i was told since i eliminated one of my cats the one that is on the header that i would need a defouler so wait till it comes on just to make sure should be around 30 miles after you install the header then after it comes on head to ebay and buy a defouler but then i am not to good with xb's. but atleast i gave you an idea on what to do if it happens. good luck
Old 06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

YES GET THE WEAPON-R ANTI FOULER IT WORKS BETTER
Old 06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GO TO ZSPORT there in Everett and not to the dealership (I bought mine from Rodland too). The dealership will way over charge you for everything. I live in Marysville and I have been going there for over 10 years. The owners name is Gary. Tell them Anton sent you. They have been working on my SW xb2 too. Have fun.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks everyone..

Old 06-18-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please make sure you clean the header before you start it. That way you will save pain in the long run of looking at burned oil spots on the header.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fuqua
GO TO ZSPORT there in Everett and not to the dealership (I bought mine from Rodland too). The dealership will way over charge you for everything. I live in Marysville and I have been going there for over 10 years. The owners name is Gary. Tell them Anton sent you. They have been working on my SW xb2 too. Have fun.
One more question. Once I have the header on, and have installed an CEL eliminator, and everything is running good, no lights etc..

Am I good? or am I going to be constantly fighting this problem?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I sell the Weapon R CEL peices. You will need one for sure. I sell more of these than any other part. I can not keep them in stock usually. You will not have any more issues at all once you do the CEL peice. The one that comes with the header does not work right.
http://www.nolimitzind.com/cel.html
Old 06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

yeah you need 2 get the cel eliminator for weapon R like NoLimtiz said i got the header and the TRD CAI and yeah its comes with one but like after 40miles around there i forgot the check ingine will go on and traction control and VSC will go on and they bug and you waste alot more gas when they go on alot more gas i have had the Cel Eliminator from weapon R for 2 weeks now and it works good nothing has come up
Old 06-18-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
I sell the Weapon R CEL peices. You will need one for sure. I sell more of these than any other part. I can not keep them in stock usually. You will not have any more issues at all once you do the CEL peice. The one that comes with the header does not work right.
do you have them in stock now? I'll try to give you a call. can I get next day delivery?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
Thanks Dude. As I was telling you on the phone, I ordered one from weapon-r, yeah I probably could have found it a little cheaper, but what the hay. Anyhoo, I only ordered one, as I am assuming (jeez I hate to do that) thats all I will need. My dealer is awaiting it's arrival, and then will install everything for me.

I'm so new to this, I'm taking everyones experience here as word, and hope everything
works ok. My wife will be MORE THAN ____ED if I f-up my NEW car. LOL!

By the way NoLimitzInd, THANKS for the call back.