Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Which Dual Exhaust do you Prefer/Recommend for an RS6.0 with 5-Axis Kit
Borla Stainless Steel Dual Catback Exhaust
41.67%
Tsudo Fireball Dual Catback Exhaust
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Dual Exhaust for RS6.0 with 5 Axis Kit

Old 11-16-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dual Exhaust for RS6.0 with 5 Axis Kit

I'm getting a Five Axis kit installed on my RS6.0 and am planning to add a dual exhaust to complete the look.

The two kits that are available are the Borla and the Tsudo. I personally prefer the look of the Borla, but based purely on online sound clips, prefer the sound of the Tsudo.

The Borla wins on price, but the difference is small ($320.41 + $47.89 = $368.30 for the Borla vs. $399.95). Supposedly, Speed Element was going to offer a special introductory price on the Tsdo, but it's been on their site for two weeks and they haven't posted any details on the discount. So, for now I'm assuming the best price I can get on the Tsudo is $399.95 as currently listed on their web site.

So, which do you like better, the Borla or the Tsudo, and why?

Thanks,
PDX_xB
Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's links to both exhausts:

Borla

Tsudo

PDX_xB
Old 11-16-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't have a dual exhaust but I'd go with Tsudo because it sounds better (IMO) and I prefer the canister look versus just the tip on the Borla.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jnaval
I don't have a dual exhaust but I'd go with Tsudo because it sounds better (IMO) and I prefer the canister look versus just the tip on the Borla.
I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the canisters with the Five Axis kit installed. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any pics of the new Five Axis version of the Tsudo. Maybe Speed Elements will get around to posting some soon.

PDX_xB
Old 11-16-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You Tube Sound Clips:

Borla:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8dp7Vx1xk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69-ie1AtseA

Tsudo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW5-fnaId94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVioo715XTg

The Borla in the first clip definitely sounds raspy to me. It sound better in the second kit (with a high flow cat - which I don't have).

The Tsudo definitely has a deeper, less raspy sound. I especially like the sound in the second Tsudo clip (with a CAI, which I also have).

PDX_xB
Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Tsudo definitely sounds better, with sound over looks, Tsudo wins. Do you know if the exhaust would clear the lip kit? I've heard of a few instances where people would get longer hangers or bend their hangers to allow some clearance for their lip kits. Otherwise, it would be touching which would result to melting the lip kit.

I noticed, in the fourth video (the second video of the Tsudo) the reflection of another xB2 was in the bumper as it drove by.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jnaval
The Tsudo definitely sounds better, with sound over looks, Tsudo wins. Do you know if the exhaust would clear the lip kit? I've heard of a few instances where people would get longer hangers or bend their hangers to allow some clearance for their lip kits. Otherwise, it would be touching which would result to melting the lip kit.

I noticed, in the fourth video (the second video of the Tsudo) the reflection of another xB2 was in the bumper as it drove by.
Supposedly, there is a new version of the Tsudo specifically for the Five Axis kit. It's listed on the Speed Elements web site. The price is $75.00 higher than the original version (seems like a pretty big premium for longer hangers). They said it was instock and mentioned something about posting photos and an special indroductory discount a couple weeks ago, but haven't followed up with either. Which makes me wonder if this version really is available, or if they are still working out the details.

PDX_xB
Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GO WITH A CUSTOM EXHAUST!!!!!
Borla and Tsudo are both decent but just get a custom dual exhaust with the tips of your choice and it will sound better and look better. Plus it should be right around the same price if not less depending on which tips you get. I dont have a sound clip but heres a pic.

Name:  DSCF1125.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  DSCF1124.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  139.1 KB

my advice is look around for the perfect tips for your car, stop by a local performance exhaust or any type of muffler shop and they should be able to install a full custom exhaust for less than $200 (not including tips).
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

TSUDO For the WIN!!!!!

More Videos of my set up!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=41445045

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=41634060

Have had it since Day one of it comeing out and its an amazing Exhaust.....

Will have pic's of the Tsudo Exhaust Installed on my Buddys RS6 with Five Axis Kit tomorrow!!!

Last edited by DREWxB08; 11-16-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any more votes? Come on, don't be shy.

PDX_xB
Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Pic's of My Friends 2009 RS6 With the New Tsudo Dual Exhaust that fits perfect with the Five Axis Kit, and looks amazing

Name:  Ed1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  Ed2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  Ed4.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  35.0 KB

Name:  ed3.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  ed5.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  ed6.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  30.0 KB

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-07-2021 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 11-21-2009, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for posting the picks. I drop my Five Axis kit off tomorrow to get it painted.

One question - what are the two screws on the tips for? Most pictures I've seen of the Tsudo have two empty holes (no screws). Either way (screws or empty holes), I think it detracts from the appearance.

I also don't like the way the tips are not centered in the openings of the rear lip. They are charging $75 extra for this kit because it's designed specifically for the Five Axis kit. You'd think they'd be able to center the tips in the openings for that price ($400).

PDX_xB
Old 11-21-2009, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are they charging to paint your lip kit?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtylerx
What are they charging to paint your lip kit?
$550 - painted and installed.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Originally Posted by PDX_xB
Thanks for posting the picks. I drop my Five Axis kit off tomorrow to get it painted.

One question - what are the two screws on the tips for? Most pictures I've seen of the Tsudo have two empty holes (no screws). Either way (screws or empty holes), I think it detracts from the appearance.

I also don't like the way the tips are not centered in the openings of the rear lip. They are charging $75 extra for this kit because it's designed specifically for the Five Axis kit. You'd think they'd be able to center the tips in the openings for that price ($400).

PDX_xB
The holes are there to install an optional 'Silencer' to make your exhaust more quiet. Also, for true center shot installation, you'd be much better off going to a muffler shop and having a custom set-up made. It'd also be much cheaper. You could use something like a Flowmaster 40 series, Hushpower or Magnaflow single inlet/duel outlet and tips of your choice.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's looking more and more like custom may be the way to go. I really had high hopes for the Tsudo. I really like the sound (without the silencers), but am very disappointed in the looks - especially for the price. For $400 you think they'd at least be able to get the tips centered in the openings of the Five Axis rear lip on this "custom" version of their dual exhaust. This photo shows that they aren't even close to centered:

Name:  ed5.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  58.3 KB

Looking at the other installation photos, it looks like the only way to get them centered would be to re-bend the pipes - and if I have to pay a shop to do that, I might as well save some money and go full custom with some nicer looking tips. In addition to the sound, the other attraction of the Tsudo was the bolt-on DIY feature. But, given the price, I'd be doing the labor, paying more and still end up with something that doesn't look right (or paying someone else to make it look right).

So, can anyone recommend something that will give me a nice deep, no-rasping sound?

PDX_xB
Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Im gonna see if i can get some better pic's for you, cause in person it looks perfect and right in the center of the kit......
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
Im gonna see if i can get some better pic's for you, cause in person it looks perfect and right in the center of the kit......
Do you agree that the tips don't look even close to centered in the photo above? Both tips are much closer to the inside, than the outside, of the openings.

PDX_xB
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PDX_xB
Do you agree that the tips don't look even close to centered in the photo above? Both tips are much closer to the inside, than the outside, of the openings.

PDX_xB
If you had the recessed center section of the rear lip painted black, like it's SUPPOSED to be, then I don't think you'd even notice it. It always surprises me when people try to do their own thing, then are surprised when it doesn't look like they think it should. Not hating on you, just saying...

BTW, if the recessed section was supposed to be the body color, then 5-Axis wouldn't have recessed it, they would have pulled it out flush; it's recessed by design to paint it black, and hide the underbody from the rear view. I think if you have it painted black that you'll get the look you want.

Last edited by CIONIDE; 11-24-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've always liked that section way better painted black.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust for RS6.0 with 5 Axis Kit