Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Yes, Own a 2008 Scion xB need some throat..

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 11:29 AM
SL Member

Default Yes, Own a 2008 Scion xB need some throat..

Originally Posted by Docofmind
So i was on the hunt for an exhaust for the xb and i noticed that none of them were coming cat back. All are axle back. I wondered why this was so then Van told me that the midpipe on this car includes the factory cat and resonator all in one piece. This is why no aftermarket company will touch it. I had a 99 miata that was built much the same way.

The reason i even bring this topic up is because of what Van told me. He mentioned that the stock midpipe is extremely restrictive after the resonator and a lot of power maybe lurking in that kink.

Anyhow, long story short, i plan on doing what i did with my miata and having a custom mid pipe built which will include a hi flow cat and resonator so it stays completely legal. Im sure that with a nice muffler this set up alone can yield an honest 5 horses to the wheels. Thankfully, I also have access to a dyno so everything will be documented and printed. The nice thing about this is that it will be a complete bolt on affair so if you have a stock rear set up or another aftermarket set up, you will def notice the improvement.

Would anyone else be interested in something like this? Im sure if we can get enough heads into this, the cost will not be much. So who is with me?????
Have a TSUDO Fireball Catback installed on my 2008 Scion xB and needs help to be throaty with added HP. , and still be street legal.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-29-2021 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 07-29-2021, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Robbb53
Have a TSUDO Fireball Catback installed on my 2008 Scion xB and needs help to be throaty with added HP. , and still be street legal.
First off, welcome to the forums. Second, you've apparently preformed CPR on a 18 year old thread. Third, you're talking about a 2nd generation xB in the 1st generation forum. Other than that, carry on.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-29-2021 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator