Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Ebay: a review.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
That's a good wife!
I like to think so.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
I'm sure there's a DIY on here somewhere. I'll have to find it and try to dedicate a weekend to do it.
Originally Posted by 08SUPERWHT
Search the forum for scionfreds throttle body port and polish, its a good read. It lists all the do's and dont's of the mod. I highly doubt I will have time but if I do it this weekend I'll take pics and report back the butt dyno results.
Just take your time and make sure you do it right. The most critical thing is to not remove too much metal. The smallest cross-section of the throttle body passage should not be increased in the slightest. The rest should only be smoothed (removing the steps). The effect is to increase sensitivity by more rapid expansion of the TB bore with throttle, and also reduce bore turbulence (thereby maximizing TB air flow).
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Just take your time and make sure you do it right. The most critical thing is to not remove too much metal. The smallest cross-section of the throttle body passage should not be increased in the slightest. The rest should only be smoothed (removing the steps). The effect is to increase sensitivity by more rapid expansion of the TB bore with throttle, and also reduce bore turbulence (thereby maximizing TB air flow).
Yeah I haven't had time for much of anything lately, so I haven't gotten around to this mod yet. My ebay header showed up today though, so hopefully the cel eliminator will show up tomorrow and then I can get that installed friday afterwork.

The next mods on my list are either a larger s pipe or the lite weight crank pulley. As far as the s pipe goes does anyone have any experience with the cx racing one. It looks ok in the pictures but it's listed as 3" tube where as all the other's I have seen are 2.25 - 2.5". I just want to make sure it's not going to be too big.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nevermind on the CX Racing S pipe. I did a little research and it looks like it's not a direct bolt on. It either has to be lengthened or used with the full CX Racing kit. Looks like I'll spend a couple extra dollars and go with the Weapon R one.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I gotthe header and cel eliminator on. The header was a pain in the ___! The holes that connect to the s pipe were slightly off. I had to do a little grinding with the dremel to get it to work. Other than that everything went very smoothly. Only have about 40 miles on it so far, but so far no cel light.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the pic
Attached Thumbnails Ebay: a review.-image.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good, nice job!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So raceland coilovers? Anyone?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rode Racelands on my tc1. LOVED them for what it's worth.

Now that being said, let me also say, that it left things to be desired. With either a stiffer spring, or more firm shock, they'd be a home run at that price. But as far as getting low safely on the cheap. No one can beat Raceland's product.

To put it this way, I took a crap shoot on their exhaust for the tc. Home run! Replaced the 2nd cat, all stainless pipe, great welds, perfect like stock fitment. Needed one more hanger added on, but that was it. (muffler was a little heavy for juts one hanger, and would swing a little when hitting bumps)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raceland makes an ultimo series for some cars, but the tc isn't one of them. They are basically what you described.
I just got my exhaust from eBay, and I really like it.
But I think I'm gettig racelands.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member

Default EBAY intake not CA CARB legal

I messaged the seller of the ebay CAI about a CARB sticker, and this is what I got back

I can help you with any questions you have regarding our products.
We cannot provide the information requested the intake is not street legal and not CARB legal in California.
Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.
So, that is a no go for me.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

Originally Posted by learnem
I messaged the seller of the ebay CAI about a CARB sticker, and this is what I got back

So, that is a no go for me.

there is only 1 intake setup that is 50 state CARB legal and that is the TRD CAI.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06scioxb
there is only 1 intake setup that is 50 state CARB legal and that is the TRD CAI.

For the XB, which sucks.

My 2500hd 6.6 Duramax had numerous CAI options, with ALL of them able to produce a CARB sticker. I Had the AFE stage 2 with the 3 in aluminum intake pipe. I just called them, answered a few questions, emailed a copy of my receipt and a pic of my truck with the CAI installed on it, and the sent it out to me.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member

All the companies have to do is apply with CARB to be able to get a sticker. Think about it, how could just an intake increase smog output?

I could see a turbocharger, internal mods, kitty removal, tuners, but an INTAKE?

CARB is BS
Old 12-31-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Drummercoreyxb
Mmmmmm, wide tires.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@trevors Idk if your still around. but any solutions for an S pipe? i don't have a reson to change it other than the stock one is the only stock part of my exhaust (strup header and ebay catback.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a 3" new s-pipe on eBay for around $110.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanted to make an update to the thread here. STrup header is still kicking as is my intake. However my exhaust has been an ___. my original exhaust from speed daddy died about 3 months ago. Got a nasty baffle issue as it had come loose inside. Ordered a new one from them and nothing but issues. There quality has plummeted. very raspy and crazy loud. SPeed-daddy = dna motoring. Imo they may not be worth the money anymore. Poor fitment bounces around, even lost the metal hanger (now there is ahole in my exhaust from it)

I would steer away from them for now. Got 2 different exhausts after i returned the first and still crappy. Trevor or roller Im debating going back to stock exhaust but keepig the CAI and header since no issues there. I just forgot what it sounds like. i am looking into a seller on amazon from auto dynasty who has a catback system that may be useful. Will post up soon.