Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen CAI for XB2 now available on TRDSPARKS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Injen CAI for XB2 now available on TRDSPARKS.COM

Was browsing trd sparks and saw that they have an Injen CAI now for the XB2. http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2025

Anyone have any info on it and/or pics? I went to injens website but they only show the TC intake avail for 08.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no image suggests that its still a prototype or its getting ready for production. most likely injen is finalizing up the packaging and told trdsparks that the lead time wont be that long for shipping
Old 02-02-2008, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Man Now im all messet up again LOL I was 100% Going with the TRD, But now that i know Injen Makes one ,Think i may just have to wait and see a couple of pic's of it set-up in the 08 xB's..... And all friend's of mine and other Scion Owners all HAve Injen in there tC's and other radome pocket rocket car's and have not one bad thing to say.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

yea I here u man I'm stuck on which one I want too. If the trd was priced closer to the other intakes available I'd get it for sure. I wish someone would dyno all of them and see which one performs the best.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
yea I here u man I'm stuck on which one I want too. If the trd was priced closer to the other intakes available I'd get it for sure. I wish someone would dyno all of them and see which one performs the best.

I like the TRD One Cause, one it does not mess with the warranty of the car and its C.A.R.B legal. and comes with a sticker to proove it. Also like the Ram Air Style.

But Injen Is a great company, like the fact it comes in a Gloss black finish. But its not legal so may cause problem's to those in some states with ___ hole Cop's.

All in all i feel they all do the same JOB , Weather it's AEM,Injen or TRD They all give you that Sweet Intake Sound and a little Horse Power proble between 5-8 Hp if that Nothing too crazy. I feel someing is better than nothing!

After thinking about it Im proble just gonna go back to what i wanted from the Start. TRD Cold Air Intake, and once the Tanabe Exhaut comes out match that up with the intake.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Yeah I really like the TRD intake because its a closed box & that vent for the bumper is sweet! I hear ya about the warranty but even with the TRD one I have a gut feeling that the dealership would give me a hard time if anything went wrong.

I wish my income tax check would get hear sooner! LOL
Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
Yeah I really like the TRD intake because its a closed box & that vent for the bumper is sweet! I hear ya about the warranty but even with the TRD one I have a gut feeling that the dealership would give me a hard time if anything went wrong.

I wish my income tax check would get hear sooner! LOL

I hear ya on the Income Tax CHECK!!!! Im going for my , Rim's, Lowering Springs Front Strut Bar and Rear Sway Bar and the TRD Intake and Once the Tanabe Exhaust Comes Out ill be getting one of those. I have been saveing money like crazy so what every i have saved im gonna add that with my Tax Check and BAM! Should be ready for the Summer..... And pay off any bills i need to get Done with.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've run injen on two different cars and don't think you can beat the fitment/quality. That being said, I've hydrolocked a motor before(not on the injen)...and with how low the filter is mounted, I think I'm going TRD this time around
Old 02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by healthynine
I've hydrolocked a motor before
Care to share any details? I'm just interested in what the conditions were. We always hear about the risk, but it's rare someone comments that they've done it. Just curious what happened in your case.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well...long story short, I was driving home(had new motor in the civic about 3 days) and there were flash floods from rain. I was driving home and couldn't see that I drove through about a foot of water. Car immediately shut down. After towing it home, pulled the head to find the crank was bent....insurance did cover a new motor with no cost to me though

This was on a lowered civic with an intake that was about 8 inches off the ground. Probably one in a million chance that it would happen, but it was a mess
Old 02-07-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks for sharing. At least your insurance took care of it, probably lucky on that one.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:37 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I emailed TRD sparks and they said they are available. They are being shipped directly from INJEN