Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

LSG Brisk Halo Spark Plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default LSG Brisk Halo Spark Plug

my friend was talking to me about pulstar pluse spark plug so i was doing research on it and found many pros and cons about it. reading it from different forums and other website and thinking whether or not should i give it a shoot at it since i found on amazon for about $100 but there's a discount of $10 so it'll cost $90 for 4. then i applied for a amazon visa and i could get an extra $30 off on the 1st purchase so it'll come out to be $60 for 4 total savings of $40 so instead of paying $25 each i'll end up paying $15 each so that's seems reasonable but too good to be true. wonder what you all think?

But the main reason i start this post is while i'm researching pulstar i found these halo spark plug and they're $9. seems quite interesting. have anyone heard of these or even heard of the brand that makes it? well it is seems more real since cnn, fox, abc did a report on it. heres a link

http://www.haloplugusa.com/

p.s. both do seem like a scam but i'm will to do the test for either one of them and see how it comes out and get it dyno'ed but before jumping in just wanna see what all of you think.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

found this through cnn.com here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCpzxjQN2k
Old 05-25-2008, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hrmmm... That sounds really interesting. Only thing is though, do you think our small four cylinder engine doesnt burn alot of its used gas? The guy in the video had a v8 and got an improvment of 2mpg. Would we see a real world difference? Does anyone know how rich, if any, our cars run stock? Anyone think that causing more of the gas to be burnt could cause an increase in hp or torque? I would guess so but my knowledge of automechanics is very basic.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No notice of the improvement (if one even existed) would be possible. Our cars make hydrocarbons out of the pipe due to incomplete combustion, and some of the energy from the reaction is lost as heat to the block (or water)...the only way to get a FULLY efficient reaction from the gasoline +spark would be to have a complete combustion which only exists in test tubes.

So the answer is: don't get suckered!!!

This is just a way for the companies to charge MORE than double for the same product. Stick to the $1.99 and you'll be ok.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhmmm... why buy them from amazon? Thier actual site has them for 8.99 a piece. The testimonials have a subie claiming 10hp and like 11ft lbs dyno'd. I mean its probably BS but at 8.99 a piece it isnt to much to test out.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just order the pulstar pulse plug instead of the halo mainly because the halo spark plug will need to mod the timeing of the engine so i just decide to try out the pulstar. also most people that tried pulstar says it mainly improve the mpg and throttle response and my friend payed half of it also i have a bet w/him if it don't work as advertise he'll pay for it. i'll keep you all updated once i get in and install. also there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You only need to change the timing if your car desnt have an ecu. With our cars you'd just unplug the battery for a few mins then reconect it and let it idle for 15 mins.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
i just order the pulstar pulse plug instead of the halo mainly because the halo spark plug will need to mod the timeing of the engine so i just decide to try out the pulstar. also most people that tried pulstar says it mainly improve the mpg and throttle response and my friend payed half of it also i have a bet w/him if it don't work as advertise he'll pay for it. i'll keep you all updated once i get in and install. also there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

They are both junk plugs, you cannot get more power froma spark plug unless it is worn. You are a sucker for marketing hype.

2nd gen XB have iridium plugs from the factory and are good for 100,000k.

The 2AZ is burning fuel as efficient as an internal combustion gasoline motor can.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scorpius01
They are both junk plugs, you cannot get more power froma spark plug unless it is worn. You are a sucker for marketing hype.

2nd gen XB have iridium plugs from the factory and are good for 100,000k.

The 2AZ is burning fuel as efficient as an internal combustion gasoline motor can.
agreed. these tests dont prove that the spark plugs work. these tests only prove that changing a worn traditional plug to a new iridium plug makes a difference. you dont gain power by swapping out spark plugs you RECOVER power and MPG that was lost from using an old worn out spark plug.