Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

More ebay esxhaust questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default More ebay esxhaust questions....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-OVAL-TIP...127564&vxp=mtr

Well I have researched the forums and was not able to find the answer to the following questions concerning the ebay exhaust with the replacment scuba. Sorry if I missed it....

Is it also a cat/resonator combo or just a resonator?

Will it bolt into the stock location while retaining the remaining stock exhaust?

Has anyone used the new scuba with a straight thru axle back like the Borla?

Thanks for any insight!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

The system installs from factory S-pipe back. Replaces the Scuba looking mid pipe and frees up weight and sound. From what i have seen its a resonator, you still will have a cat that comes off the factory header. Seen and herd the ebay one in person and it sounds pretty good. Not bad for the price.

on my xB i have the Tsudo V2 Dual exhaust from the factory scuba back, I do the have the matching Tsudo scuba delete and cant wait to install and see the sound difference.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

A friend of mine had that on her xB and it sounded great! However, after a few months it started rattling pretty horribly. Not on the outside, but something inside broke off and was making an awful racket.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ yea its the baffle inside. its not the best quality. happened on mine too but only when sitting at a light or upon start up
Old 04-26-2014, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like there is a quality problem. I specifically am interested in the scuba delete section as my local exhaust company will not touch it. Bummer.

Drewxb08, the Tsudo unit does not appear on there website. Do you know if it is a discontinued product?

Thanks again.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by wpb2009xb
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like there is a quality problem. I specifically am interested in the scuba delete section as my local exhaust company will not touch it. Bummer.

Drewxb08, the Tsudo unit does not appear on there website. Do you know if it is a discontinued product?

Thanks again.
Dual Exhaust - 2008-2014 (Below)

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

Scuba Delete (Below)

Complete S-pipe back Single Exhaust (Below)

Old 04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member

Thank you Drew!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

I have the same exact exhaust, except I ordered it from speed-daddy. I had the same issue were one shop wouldn't take out the scuba, but went to another shop around the corner and they did it no questions asked. Took them about 20-30 minutes to install it.

1st impression, it was definitely alot louder than stock, but sounded extremely ricey. After two days of dealing with the ricey-ness I took it back to the shop and asked them what they could do to get rid of the rice sound. They winded up taking out the straight pipe and installing a new small toyota resonator, and it got rid of the ricey sound I hated. It does sound very nice now, but it does drone big time in cabin.

I've gotten used to the drone but plan on putting some sound deadning material where the spare tire is at since it kinda of effects my subs bumpin. And I already have dynamat on my back door lol.

PS: I also did have a rattle sound when I would idle at stop lights, but found out it was rattling near the wheel bar (cant think of the name right now) on right side. slightly tweaked it a little and no more rattle. (could had put Styrofoam cover though).

Hope my input helps.