Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: What Cold Air Should i get
TRD Cold Air
33.33%
AEM Cold Air
0%
Wepon-R Short Ram
0%
Fujita Cold Air
33.33%
Injen Cold Air
25.00%
K&N Cold Air
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

What intake should i invest in??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default What intake should i invest in??

Hey guy's, since day one I have been wanting an intake. IM just not sure of what intake I should get. Please tell me what you all are running and your thoughts on what intake you bought.

And is the TRD Intake the Only one that is Legal So fair?

1. TRD Cold Air Intake
2.AEM Cold Air Intake
3.Wepon-R Short Ram -Cold air not out yet.
4.Fujita Cold Air Intake
5.Injen Cold Air Intake
6.K&N Cold Air Intake
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup TRD is the only CARB legal unfortunately. i think the legality of the intake depends on local laws but us CA peeps can only stay legal with the TRD one...

i bought the AEM and paid the extra (compared to the Fujita/Injen) cause i liked the design of the pipe. i know that sounds ridiculous but the silicone/rubber connector is at a accessible location. this means that if it starts to rain i can disconnect the intake at that point instead of at the throttle body. or i can install a bypass valve in that location without having to cut the pipe!
this high "joint point" (i just invented that term) is also shared by the cheaper injen but i didnt get the injen because it looked like it made a awkward bend over the battery rather than going throught the space between the battery and the ECU.

as for what you should get, i say get the injen. if you dont mind the awkward bend then the injen is a lot of intake for a low price.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you live in california, I wouldn't even bother. getting your vehicle smog'd here is getting ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
yup TRD is the only CARB legal unfortunately. i think the legality of the intake depends on local laws but us CA peeps can only stay legal with the TRD one...

i bought the AEM and paid the extra (compared to the Fujita/Injen) cause i liked the design of the pipe. i know that sounds ridiculous but the silicone/rubber connector is at a accessible location. this means that if it starts to rain i can disconnect the intake at that point instead of at the throttle body. or i can install a bypass valve in that location without having to cut the pipe!
this high "joint point" (i just invented that term) is also shared by the cheaper injen but i didnt get the injen because it looked like it made a awkward bend over the battery rather than going throught the space between the battery and the ECU.

as for what you should get, i say get the injen. if you dont mind the awkward bend then the injen is a lot of intake for a low price.

Thanks for the reply.

I live in NY, i was thinking the Injen but does not work for A/T only one made is for M/T only. I hear ya on the bend on the pipe if i wanna change my battry or someing i have to remove the hole pipe to the TRD with every one else its built and looks sweet bent between the battry and ECU.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
I live in NY, i was thinking the Injen but does not work for A/T only one made is for M/T only. I hear ya on the bend on the pipe if i wanna change my battry or someing i have to remove the hole pipe to the TRD with every one else its built and looks sweet bent between the battry and ECU.
the A/T or M/T restrictions on some performance products is because there is either a clearance problem or the auto-box is just crap. but in general intake, header exhaust can be fitted to either the manual or auto.

and i didnt understand the last sentence and i assume you mean that you agree with my view of the weird bend. i also looked up the TRD intake and it also has the same design as the injen...

Originally Posted by gummyneo78
if you live in california, I wouldn't even bother. getting your vehicle smog'd here is getting ridiculous.
well dont be so pessimistic! we get our cars smogged in six years so it lets just have our fun until then!